LegacyGT.com

Question: Compatibilty between SPT catback & Cobb Sway bar?

Deepwoods

I am thinking of adding the SPT catback to my 06 Spec B, which currently has a Cobb sway bar.

Can anyone tell me whether there will be fitment issues? I have a long drive way with some potential clearance concerns, so making the exhaust hang a little lower might present some problems.

Also, with the car already running stg 2 from an Access Port, do I need a different map?

Many thanks...

Okay, lets get the standard responses out of the way - some folks will tell you to search, others will tell you that an AP for a Spec B is silly because they're factory-built racecars.

I'll tell you welcome, and that you don't need a different map for the catback, but if you want to make the most power you'll want to get a real tune - otherwise all that extra pipe diameter isn't doing as much as it could.

I don't know of fitment issues between Cobb bars and the SPT exhaust. I've got the Cobb RSB on my car, and it clears my XO2 exhaust with plenty of room to spare, and I would think the SPT piece would only fit better.

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

Spoonwacker,

Thanks for the response, and your thoughts on the fitment issues. I didn't think I needed a different map, but wanted a a second opinion.

I was aware that there might have been a "use the search function" response. I did a couple of searches on the fitment question--the AP question was a tack-on--and scanned the forum, but didn't find anything. Mousetraps and searches... there are always better ones. :)

Personally, I think the AP is a great fit with the spec b. I don't know that I would call it a factory-build racecar, as it lacks additional power over the standard GT. Stg 2 makes the car significantly more willing to "go."

Yeah, I've had some bad experience with the search button, too...not taking into account the various ways folks will (mis)spell things, etc. As far as the racecar comment...one of your fellow '06 SpecB owners has made statements along those lines... :lol::hide:

Enjoy the exhaust!

sorry...this forum practically blows goat nuts so im not always on here.
Team Pony Express

POSTED FROM MY COMPUTER USING A WEB BROWSER

• 2 months later...

Bumping an old thread because this issue seems to be controversial. Some say it fits others disagree.

I know the OP could not fit the exhaust with his cobb rsb.

Lets here some more opinions. Can a Mod add a poll to this thread or should I just start another one?

A local member was also unable to fit the SPT v2 exhaust with his Cobb rear bar. It seems the reinforcement brackets brought the bar a touch too close to a bend in the y-pipe that already seemed out of place to begin with.
ignore him, he'll go away.

A local member was also unable to fit the SPT v2 exhaust with his Cobb rear bar. It seems the reinforcement brackets brought the bar a touch too close to a bend in the y-pipe that already seemed out of place to begin with.

Cliff notes: It fit like shit!

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

• 3 weeks later...
Hmm. It could have been that one SPT exhaust. I know AKGT got it to fit no problems, and one other person from I what remember reading.

Yeah, but don't forget that her spt is sorta custom. I know that she had two left cans (two right cans?), so she had to get that part fabbed up to fit. I'm not sure about her Y-pipe though.

I also have the Cobb sways and had my heart set on the SPT CBE. Anybody else know more about this problem?

Shit, I do not think I actually started a thread. I remember I was thinking about it and then I realized I did not have enough money for an SPT exhaust right now so I forgot about it.

We need to get a poll going somewhere because I would love to add this exhaust to my car sometime down the road.

Sorry, haven't actually looked at a pic of the Cobbs in a long while and have been looking at other brands due to the suggested fittment issues that nobody can seem to pinpoint. I should just order a set and find out for sure. I will be doing springs, sways and endlinks in the next two weeks or so.
Let's kick this pig!

• 1 month later...

I'd like to know too. I suggest you make another thread and add a poll. Something like:

SPT V2 exhaust, lowered, with Cobb sways "Yes I have this setup" or "no I don't"

Archived