LegacyGT.com

Blinking cruise control light

Nick

Well tonight was the first snowfall of the season here in south Jersey, and my first time driving the GT in the snow. So of course on the way home I swung by a few abandoned back roads to practice my mad dorifto skills. After a little while, the cruise control light starts to blink slowly. No other warning lights were on, and the car continued to operate normally.

So I pulled over and shut the car off and restarted it, and the light stayed off. After another 30 minutes of back road and empty parking lot hijinks the light didn't come back on. Anyone have an idea of what caused the light?

-Nick

Not sure if it's the same situation, but my cruise control light starting flashing when I spun the tires in some deep snow. I had to rock the car a bit to get the car out and the cruise light started flashing. Mine was also accompanied by a CEL and an ABS light so it might not be the same situation. But, if you think you had some wheel spin in could be the same thing.

• 2 months later...

After some playful driving on some slippery surfaces (lots of wheel spin, some drifting, some left foot braking) I ended up with a blinking Cruise Control light - no other lights were flashing. The dealership has never seen this. The light went away when the car was turned on and off.

I have the Turbo Outback with the 5EAT.

i also encountered the flashing cruise control light. i was giving my GT a bit of stick and then that light started flashing... i stopped, and turned the car off. It never came back on.

Ive had this happen twice so far.. but its only when im giving it a flogging.

Well tonight was the first snowfall of the season here in south Jersey, and my first time driving the GT in the snow. So of course on the way home I swung by a few abandoned back roads to practice my mad dorifto skills. After a little while, the cruise control light starts to blink slowly. No other warning lights were on, and the car continued to operate normally.

So I pulled over and shut the car off and restarted it, and the light stayed off. After another 30 minutes of back road and empty parking lot hijinks the light didn't come back on. Anyone have an idea of what caused the light?

-Nick

I know this is old, but the blinking cruise light issue is outlined in the owner's manual. Read the manual. It happened to me, and I had my passenger look it up. If I remember, it was something having to do with hitting the lever while on AC before turning on the car....which just disables the cruise control feature. That's all.

Ohh...and it has nothing to do with wheel slipage, "flogging," or anything of that sort. :p

Well, I had the cruise light blink on my wife today. Then the CEL went on. Now I left the car at the dealer and they will check it tomorrow. I got a 2.5rs rental car:cool: .

Now I get home and read this post. But I had the AC off and tryed everything to fix it; nothing worked. I will find out tomorrow what the real problem is.

Has anyone firgured out or solved this problem yet?

By the way, I have a AVO panel air filter, AVO BOV, and the intake air silencer taken out.

This happened to me when I had a lil bit of fun on snow usually accompanied by wheel slippage. I turned the car off and the blinking cruise light went away.

Also, I think we have established the fact that this has nothing todo with hitting the cruise control lever while starting the car.

Btw, I've got a 5EAT.

Mojo

I keed I keeed

• 3 weeks later...
today I had the cel and blinking cruise light go back on. I just filled it up with gas and about an hour later it happend. Then I went to eat and I was there for about 3 hours. The car was off for 3 hours. When I went back in my lgt, the lights were off. So, now I dont know what this can be.

Archived