LegacyGT.com

Yakima w/ Thule Snowboard Att.

Cutback99

I just thought I would post some pics of my Yak setup with the Thule snowboard att (/w yak adapter). You will see the nice thing about the setup is that the attachments fold down when not in use. There was some whistling but nothing a lil duct tape couldn't fix.

Also included a pic of the actual fit to the car for those interested.

yak4.jpg.e0b2adcda2842d2c95ab100021a45e0a.jpg

yak6.jpg.d885b572193b2d7af7e6f77e8705d8f6.jpg

yak5.jpg.6d6f87ad373956453e7a711fc11f1237.jpg

yak3.jpg.be1744dd857fe5e2bd705ad61b419a3f.jpg

yak1.jpg.7073b643d8feeb581f54ba96396d89c9.jpg

just curious, why did you get a thule attachment and not a full yakima setup? do u know if/when subaru is coming out with a factory subaru rack/attachment for the sedan?

i'd be interested in one that holds up to 4 boards. looks tight though.

just curious, why did you get a thule attachment and not a full yakima setup? do u know if/when subaru is coming out with a factory subaru rack/attachment for the sedan?

i'd be interested in one that holds up to 4 boards. looks tight though.

Wellll, I was really a Thule fan... had a full setup on the old car. BUT Yakima came out with a fit kit first... and Thule didnt know when their kit was coming out.

So I got the Yak main kit, just before I started getting some acc's I saw the Thule gear for Yak bars with a fit kit. I really liked the idea of the fold downs... no whistling, wouldnt even know I had a roof rack on from inside the car.... esp with the fairing.

I would get another one and tun em back to back if I thought I would be having more people go with me. But then you get roped into always driving.... which sucks.

Dunno if they will ever do a factory kit for the sedan....

Wellll, I was really a Thule fan... had a full setup on the old car. BUT Yakima came out with a fit kit first... and Thule didnt know when their kit was coming out.

So I got the Yak main kit, just before I started getting some acc's I saw the Thule gear for Yak bars with a fit kit. I really liked the idea of the fold downs... no whistling, wouldnt even know I had a roof rack on from inside the car.... esp with the fairing.

I would get another one and tun em back to back if I thought I would be having more people go with me. But then you get roped into always driving.... which sucks.

Dunno if they will ever do a factory kit for the sedan....

you're right, but just the fact that you are a subaru owner pretty much makes u the driver all the time!

so u leave the rack on all the time? i guess that is a good thing, but wouldn't u like to take it off sometimes, like in the summer?

Kinda off topic. Dose anyone have pics of the yakima rack on a wagon? I have purchased the towers but haven't found a reason to put them on the car yet. One thing I'm afraid of is that they are non-locking aka no lockcore placement. All my lazy friends are frontin' on the snowboarding so there is no need to carry 4 people and 4 boards. I don't blame them with the conditions here in so cal. Post if you have a pic.. Thanks fellas

I have a thule system from my OBS that I'm looking to put on my LGT. I have a buddy that works at Ski Barn and he's ordered my Thule Fit Kit for me. Says he should have it this week. If it happens, I'll post an update.

I'm pretty sure that we want the fit kit which is part 2155 to go with whatever Thule rack system you have now

you're right, but just the fact that you are a subaru owner pretty much makes u the driver all the time!

so u leave the rack on all the time? i guess that is a good thing, but wouldn't u like to take it off sometimes, like in the summer?

I'll prolly leave it on all the time... I use it a lot, its a pain to put on, and there's less chance for me to scratch or otherwise damage the paint in the process....

I have a thule system from my OBS that I'm looking to put on my LGT. I have a buddy that works at Ski Barn and he's ordered my Thule Fit Kit for me. Says he should have it this week. If it happens, I'll post an update.

I'm pretty sure that we want the fit kit which is part 2155 to go with whatever Thule rack system you have now

I ordered that but I was told that it is not available yet thats why I am getting pissed.

Archived