LegacyGT.com

GM Sales drop sharply, Toyota sales jump, Subaru sales so-so

SLegacy99

Subaru is only down about 200 cars from where they were last year. Not terrible, but with the '08 Legacies in show rooms, they should be doing better. But look, Tribeca is holding strong.

Subaru Impreza and Forester post gains

CHERRY HILL, N.J., July 3, 2007 -- Subaru of America, Inc. today reported June sales of 17,108 total units. Both the Subaru Impreza and Forester models posted gains over the same period last year.

The Subaru Tribeca posted 1,336 units in June. Subaru Legacy recorded 7,420 unit sales, while the Outback accounted for 5,313 units of that line for the month. Subaru Forester recorded a gain of four percent in June totaling 4,145 units. The Subaru Impreza line was up 24 percent with 4,137 units for the month, following a trend of double digit gains this year prior to the new 2008 model year arriving in dealer showrooms in August. The discontinued Subaru Baja also recorded 70 units in June.

Now Im wondering if the newest Impreza will kill the sales influx they have been seeing since the X games or if sales will be even better. IMO, if I were the average car buyer I would buy the Corolla over the new 2.5i Impreza. They look the same, but one is considerably cheaper. :rolleyes:Stupid Subaru.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19582786/

Subaru is only down about 200 cars from where they were last year. Not terrible, but with the '08 Legacies in show rooms, they should be doing better.

Not bad until you realize that pretty much all other Japanese brands went almost into double digits in sales increase :( I seriously doubt the impreza will save them.

GM's problem is they have no lease deals going on as far as I know. Try to get in their trucks or SUVs, and you are greeted by massive lease quotes.

I've been quoted by two dealerships for the GMC Sierra Denali (MSRP $45K) - nearly $800/mo plus money down and taxes and tags.

Someone I know was quoted $1200+ for an Esaclade.

GM's problem is they have no lease deals going on as far as I know. Try to get in their trucks or SUVs, and you are greeted by massive lease quotes.

I've been quoted by two dealerships for the GMC Sierra Denali (MSRP $45K) - nearly $800/mo plus money down and taxes and tags.

Someone I know was quoted $1200+ for an Esaclade.

My uncle has been an avid Chrysler/GM owner all of his life, but he says his next car will be a Lexus/Toyota for the fuel economy in the fall.

subaru was always my strong second, once toyota reached 2001, i started looking at nissans, they suck, so now for a new or newer brand of car i choose subaru, unless i need a truck, ill go toyota.

im hoping my legacy will last as long or as longer than my old 91 legacy 398,000 miles

but dont care what u say 80s toyota are indistructible, i currently have 2

I think Subaru should have done more to the 08 Legacy redesign. Along with the cosmetic improvements, a power increase would have definately been welcome, especially when you have FWD counterparts putting down more power. Now I know the Legacy is easier to mod, but John Q. Sedan doesnt care about modding- they will buy something and drive it.

Archived