I'm a new member on this forum and probably the first one from Vietnam so again, hello to all the Legacy owners out there. I'll pick up a 2011 Legacy GT this weekend brand new (yes you heard it right, brand new) which has been sat in the dealer for more than 2 years. I got a discount for it and all-in cost is around 65k bucks, thanks to those scrappy tax and levi we have to pay here so... My budget for the audio is limited.
I came from 2 Mitsu Lancer (8th and 9th gen) which was heavily and crazily modded, including sound with all those boom boom things you could imagine of. But now I'm ....30 and decided to get mature
so I wanna keep the new Legacy as calm as possible. Hence no exterior mod, no bodykit or noisy exhaust or coilover. I just wanna upgrade the audio to have a pleasant drive every single day commuting to work. And after searching all over the forum, including legacygt, below is what I came with to entertain my ears. This wiuld be the first time i have ever diy the sound system myself (previously was professional installation) so please bear with me and help me out on this.
- four doors and trunk/spare wheel well will be dynamatted to reduce noise and vibrant
- head unit will be replaced by JvC AV KW71BT - i also bought the satellite steering control of 2013 to replace my stock (for additional buttons for phone)
- PAC-SWI RC steering wheel control to keep all button functional
- - Ampli JL Audio XD700/5 700W to wire for 75w x 4 @ 4ohm and 300w x 1 @ 4ohm
- Focal 165VB component for front doors and dash tweeter
- Focal 165 PC coaxial for rear doors
- subwoofer Pioneer TSW3001S4 shallow mount- to be put into a sealed stealth box. Still deciding on whether to build a composite bix in the corner of the trunk or an MdF hidden box in the spare wheel like other. What would be my best pick in this? I wanna deep tight bass, no need for too lound and no loss of cargo space in the trunk.
- RcA and speaker cables from Monster and 4AWG amplifier kit by Scoche.
So would this setup be sufficient for my need of a clear, crisp and acceptable sound for all kind of music? I plan to mount the amplifier in the trunk to keep my cabin as clean as possible.
Your input/ comments would be much appreciated.
Richie, a new legacy owner