LegacyGT.com

nets?

fbi012

Guest *Jedimaster*
Nope- someone posted above with a GT LTD and has it only on the passengers' seat. Mine is an OB XT LTD and has it the same. Maybe only cloth interior cars got a new on the driver's seat for some reason?

I went to stick a few extra CD's in the pockets this weekend and was shocked I only had one on the passengers side. WTF? I wonder how hard it would be to install another. Since some of you have both sides in the US, the parts should be available.

/Rant on

This has to be one of the cheapest things I've seen on my Legacy GT Ltd. C'mon Subaru- Your top of the line car has only one pocket behind the front seats and it is a crummy cheap-a$$ net. What would it cost? Another 10 bucks perhaps? Put a leather (or Pleather) pocket behind both front seats. Storage is limited enough as it is. These guys are CAMF IMO.

/Rant off

http://www.subaruparts.com/catalog/?section=533

scroll down to 'Cargo Net' - there are four spots and three SKUs. Seatback, Side, Rear. AFAIK, the side and rear ones come with hardware to install the retaining devices (plastic knob with metal reinforcing behind the panels)

I don't see a reason why these wouldn't work on a sedan too, since the hardware is included

Do any of you sedan people have a net in the trunk or know were to get one?

I installed a side net from a Forester in the trunk of my sedan. Took 1 minute to install and it hasn't budged. :D Works great for keeping my car care products in the car and i can put stuff in there and it won't slide around. I have a non limited GT and the net inside the car is only behind the passenger seat.

I recall the owners manual says _not_ to hang storage bags off of the back of the seats (maybe they say a DVD player), and I believe it related to upsetting the weight sensors in the seats that determine air bag deployment.

I think seat back pockets are useless and would gladly pay $10 to get rid of mine (or whatever the previous poster thinks it would cost for Subaru to have added).

Oh yeah, OB XT 2.5 Ltd, net on passenger seat only.

I think seat back pockets are useless and would gladly pay $10 to get rid of mine (or whatever the previous poster thinks it would cost for Subaru to have added).

So, you'll pay me $10 to take the net off your hands? Deal!! :lol:

I looked at the net thingy today. It looks as if they would be the same for left and right seats. If someone really wanted to, I suppose they could order the part from Subaru and install it behind the driver's seat. Subie's cost is probably $10, but I'm sure the selling price is much more.

• 3 years later...
I looked at the net thingy today. It looks as if they would be the same for left and right seats. If someone really wanted to, I suppose they could order the part from Subaru and install it behind the driver's seat. Subie's cost is probably $10, but I'm sure the selling price is much more.

I know that this is a dated topic, but I will respond anyway. I went ahead and ordered the seatback for the front passenger-side seat as it has the netting (pn 64124AG02AJC, $40.71 after IL tax). My intention was to install this piece on the backside of the driver's seat. My four-year-old needs a place for his cup of water, snacks, dragon-toys etc, and there are no cupholders within his reach (and the one-year-old is in the other seat).

The installation was very easy: I used a long skinny screwdriver to pop off the old seatback (look at the new seatback to get an idea where to pry). The new seatback snaps easily into place, but there is a trick: slide the two outer top tabs off of the new seatback and trade with those on the old seatback (there are a total of three, but you don't need the middle one at all). The tabs on the new seatback comes with the "female" part (which you don't need because they are already installed in the seat) already mated with the "male" part. I couldn't figure out how to unmate, so I just swapped the tabs out with those from the old seatback.

I probably spent more time typing this out then I took to install the darn thing!! :)

Archived