LegacyGT.com

Making my Megan Racing TBE Louder

frathouse87

Ok, I love the power my Meagan Racing Exhaust has made, and absolutely love the tone of the exhaust, but it's only a lil louder than stock in my opinion. I have a buddy with an STi that seriously grows and is loud as hell and well, that's what I'm into so don't knock me, just help me :rolleyes:

Ok, so here's what I think I can do but want some input. I was first thinking about the hawgzaust idea. And just putting washers at the flanges connecting the y-pipe to the mufflers. This would open up the note plenty and not hurt performance or anything, plus this is the cheapest way. However, will it sound funny like this?

The other idea was either to have straight through mufflers custom made after the y-pipe, or just 2.5" pipes with no mufflers, but I have a feeling that would be crazy loud.

Any help here guys? Any sound clips out there cuz I cannot find any...

Thanks guys!

Zac

Yea, I would not change the tone 1 single bit! Meagan Racing seriously hit the nail on the head tone wise, but if only it was louder. I might try to just loosen up the flanges on the muffler to see what the sound difference is before spending the big bucks on washers ;-)

Zac

Meagan Hogzaust FTW!!!

I put 2 3/8" washers on each bolt and damn, that's exactly how I wanted it to sound! I only fired it up and rev'd it so far so I'll give it a final review after a few days. But I got my loud exhaust and the power too for a great boostjunkie price!

Zac

boo can't watch at work lol I'll be home later. But it's crazy what the difference is with just 2 washers wide! I am seriously anxious to get off to just drive home and listen omg that's how bad it is. I'll try to figure out a way to get the sound clip. My only form of recording is my phone i believe lol But its still "ok"

YAY!!!! lol Best $0.43 spent ever ha

Zac

It's the Meagan Racing MUfflers...they are MADE to be quiet. THey are cheap tho so it's my "cheap" fix ;-) $800 SHIPPED for a TBE Stainless steel? Hell I'll put some washers in it i don't care lol

The headers though definately make it hella louder with having no UP cat as well. But it's more of a raspy indy car pitch. My car right now seriously growls like a V8.

Zac

It's the Meagan Racing MUfflers...they are MADE to be quiet. THey are cheap tho so it's my "cheap" fix ;-) $800 SHIPPED for a TBE Stainless steel? Hell I'll put some washers in it i don't care lol

The headers though definately make it hella louder with having no UP cat as well. But it's more of a raspy indy car pitch. My car right now seriously growls like a V8.

Zac

i miss that growl

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Yea it's the 1 thing keeping me from getting the headers, the sound. I'd rather have a kickass sound than like 10whp i think. But I'm saving for a bike so thats another factor ha

Zac

im pretty sure the header will put more than 10whp, the difference in cars when socal had a dyno meet was over 20whp

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

So where exactly did you put these washers? on the y-pipe before the mufflers? and does it effect anything right underneith the car? cuz thats like right around the gas tank and stuff like that. I might want to do that or try it with my stock mufflers to get a little more rumble before i get the money for an exhaust together.

Archived