LegacyGT.com

Combination Meter and Diagnosis Connecters...

Might be a stupid question but has anyone run into where these are at? The service manual states they should be by the fuse box, but can't find them. Need to put the meter into diagonsis mode to tell us the details on an "Er SS" error code. Need the CXXXX code if you know what I mean.

Please help and sorry if this has been covered before but I found nothing on a search.

Thanks much!

Parker

PhilT:

Thanks, found them, but have a question. There are two single pins that are black w/white strip and two connecters back there (one with about 5 connections and the other has about 16 connections). Which one do you plug the single pin into and what location? Subaru can't be serious about this kind of wiring without matching connecters can they?

Parker

PhilT:

Thanks again for the help, appreciate it much!

The connecter is suppose to be B82 and slot #8. We tried it and to no avail. Could not get the meter to change into diagonsis mode for anything. Guess the poor thing will have to go the the stealership tomorrow and be raped by them.:mad:

Parker

The connecter is suppose to be B82 and slot #8. We tried it and to no avail. Could not get the meter to change into diagonsis mode for anything. Guess the poor thing will have to go the the stealership tomorrow and be raped by them.:mad:
On older models you would plug one of the grounding pins into that terminal with the key OFF and then turn the key to ON without starting the car. The ABS controller would flash out a start code of "11" (one long, one short) using the ABS light. Then, if there were any trouble codes stored, they would be flashed out, oldest one first.

I notice that the 2005 Legacy manual no longer explains how to do this. It could be that this function no longer exists and the wiring for it is vestigial.

It sounds like you haven't yet located the two wires which will put the trip meter into diagnostic mode. Each has a white connector and you connect them together. See http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=264312&postcount=2. The description of where the fuse box is located is incorrect in the service manual. It's to the left of the driver's left knee. Also, you won't find these two connectors in any service manual wiring diagram.

Jon:

If these connecters are white and only one slot each, we did not find them! We tore more tape out of our GTL than I want to admit and found nothing.

As for blinking codes, I understood that the C0106 code would be displayed in the trip odometer display and you could toggle through these codes as discribed in the service manual.

Took it to the stealership and they found the C0106 code which is: rear ABS wheel speed sensor LH malfunction. They ordered a sensor and a control unit. Poor suby has to go in for parts/repair later...

Parker

Archived