LegacyGT.com

Paintball!! Sunday, 3/25

Alright, so some of my co-workers and I are organizing a day of paintball. Anybody down to come? Here's all the info my buddy put together:

Join us on March 25 for a little paintball smackdown! This will be our own private-party, friendly game of paintball. 8-4PM (Arrive no later than 7:30AM) 40 people max! First come, first served!

Who can attend?: Everyone! 1st timers, novices, women, teenagers. Anyone can play, you dont have to be a macho military fanatic!

How do you play paintball? Its easy! Paintball is the game of Capture the Flag. Your team tries to take the flag of the other team. You will have to attack or defend against others on the opposing team with the same goal. You may attack like Rambo or sneak around like a ninja. You can play offense, or stay near the flag and play defense. You're guaranteed to have a great time.

I don’t own any Paintball equipment: No problem! Your rental equipment is included in your entrance fee. You get a mask, gun, and Co2 bottle. If you have your own gun or mask, the entrance fee is reduced. Also, paintballs will be provided by your host who has secured a nicely priced bulk deal on paintballs. The only thing you bring is you, your lunch and some cold hard cash.

Does paintball hurt?:

Not really, it depends on where you get hit, how close you are to the shooter, and if the paintball breaks on you. Dont be afraid! The sting of a paintball, if it stings at all, is minor and will fade quickly. Trust me, most of the time you dont feel it and when you do, well, the fun is worth it!

Where is it? : SC Village, in Corona, a huge outdoor paintball park that separates individual fields by country names. You'll visit exotic locales such as Cambodia, Vietnam, Korea, Iraq, and others. SC Village offers a safe, regulated atmosphere with referees for each group. Please visit their website for directions: www.scvillage.com/main_menu.html

Cost: The entrance fee will be $33 for those with no equipment. This must be PREPAID

Each player will need between $8 and $32 for paintballs based on your usage. Paintballs will be sold in bags of 500 rounds for $8 each. You pay for paintballs the morning of the event. I have a limited supply of paintballs so if you are a paint splattering fool with an itchy trigger finger, you may have to buy some from SC Village, which will increase your cost. You may also bring your own paintballs if you wish.

Players can also opt to pay extra for items like jumpsuits (to protect clothing or provide coverage), upgraded guns, or more paintballs. (available from SC Village)

CO2 refills cost $3 each from SC Village, plan on needing at least two to three refills.

Payment:

A deposit is required to register the group, therefore, you must provide payment in advance of the date!

Make Checks payable to Steve LeCates based on what you need as listed below:

All prices are per person:

$33 – For Admission and if you need gun, mask and initial air fill

$20 - For admission only (You have your own gun and mask)

Things to remember

· PLEASE bring cash in varying denominations for paintballs. If everyone brings $20 bills, it is going to make the morning hectic.

· Fill out your waiver of liability in advance and give to Steve LeCates the morning of the event. Parents of minors need to fill out a separate waiver. You can find the waivers attached or at http://www.scvillage.com/forms.html

· Food is available at SC Village (Burgers, etc) but you may want to bring your own to save time. Bring ALOT of fluids! You will get very thirsty running around. Be aware: No alcohol is permitted.

· Wear clothes you don’t care about. Long sleeves are better, and no shorts are allowed!

· If you need to cancel after you have paid I will return your check to you only if your cancellation does not affect the group’s “Private Party” status or otherwise cause a loss of any deposits made on your behalf.

· Be on time! The trip takes about an hour from the south bay. Plan accordingly. After you arrive please check in with Steve LeCates so I know you are in attendance.

So, since you need to prepay, you can PayPal me the money and I'll give it to my buddy Steve so he can pay the deposit.

WHO'S IN?? :woowoo:

btw, did you get to rotate your tires and get new pads yet? :lol:

Nope and... nope. I do really need to get my tires rotated, but I wasn't planning on getting new pads. I kinda like the HPS. Just because they were smoking doesn't mean I need new ones, right?? :D

When i do go to the track again hopefully it'll be with some swaybars so I won't totally chew up my sidewalls! Of course some better tires would be good for that too... and coilovers...

Man, this track day stuff is friggin EXPENSIVE!! :(

Oh well... it's too late now, I'm friggin hooked!!:icon_mrgr

• 2 weeks later...

Archived