LegacyGT.com

Holy S#$%$T!! $700 for 60k service

I just had a heart attack!! reputable guy in ashburn. But DAMN! WTF??
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mine was just over $500 from the dealer, without changing cabin air filter, engine air filter, and engine oil. You do have $100 in spark plugs since the iridium ones are $25 a piece.

Mine was just over $500 from the dealer, without changing cabin air filter, engine air filter, and engine oil. You do have $100 in spark plugs since the iridium ones are $25 a piece.

I got one step colder plugs (Iridium) for $39. $25 per plug???? Does that come with a Nology Coil pack as well? :lol:

OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

yeah, stopped using the stealerships in the area. this guy came highly recommended by a client of mine. doesn't screw you out of service you don't need and is always honest. oh well, hope he uses lube on my arse:icon_bigg
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I guess I'll be selling my LGT at around 58k :lol:

stop it!:icon_wink

does it come with a "Happy Ending"?

only if it was a hot chick who was working on my car!!

yeah, stopped using the stealerships in the area. this guy came highly recommended by a client of mine. doesn't screw you out of service you don't need and is always honest. oh well, hope he uses lube on my arse:icon_bigg

Make sure he uses synthetic at that price.

It is still ugly.

Make sure he uses synthetic at that price.

he did! told him I switched over.

So if it comes with no happy ending, what is your mechanic reaming you with?:lol:

don't know......think it's better not to look:( hurts less that way:lol:

I meant on this...

:lol:

I got one step colder plugs (Iridium) for $39. $25 per plug???? Does that come with a Nology Coil pack as well? :lol:

I remember reading this somewhere but what exactly do the one step colder spark plugs do? Also for the 60k service could you supply your own lubes and parts for them to use , and knock the price down a little?

So what does the car need at 60k?

Oil Change - $80

Tranny/Rear end oil - $120

Plugs?? (when the world is running 100k on plugs)

Coolant flush/fill - $75

Lube chassis, clutch, etc. - $50

Looks like a professional rape to me!

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

Oil Change - $80

Coolant flush/fill - $75

brake fluid flush

replace air filter

replace cabin air filter

rotate tires

got the break down at home. I'll post it up later

$80 for oil IS my specification (e.g. RP or something other than Stealership Stock).

Also, you gotta figure when they include it in the Scheduled Service Package the oil change is probably an hour labor rate.

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

Oil Change - $80

Coolant flush/fill - $75

brake fluid flush

replace air filter

replace cabin air filter

rotate tires

Don't forget the PCV valve, electrical check, safety check, ECM check, etc. and if you do it slightly before the 60k mark...all those inspections might find something that is still covered by the Powertrain Warranty! :)

Archived