LegacyGT.com

Confirm STi Brembo rears will work on a 07 Spec.B?

ERLoft

I'd seen these a while ago and had a helluva time finding them in the process of compiling my list of mods to do when I get my 07 Spec.B. They list they're for the Legacy GT, so I just want to make sure they'll work.

http://www.fastwrx.com/wrxstibrbrfo.html

I know there's clearance issues on the regular Legacy GT wheels, but can anyone comment on the 18" Spec.B wheels?

Thanks!

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'd seen these a while ago and had a helluva time finding them in the process of compiling my list of mods to do when I get my 07 Spec.B. They list they're for the Legacy GT, so I just want to make sure they'll work.

http://www.fastwrx.com/wrxstibrbrfo.html

I know there's clearance issues on the regular Legacy GT wheels, but can anyone comment on the 18" Spec.B wheels?

Thanks!

SpecB wheels will not clear front Brembo's. but the rears shouldn't be an issue. As for actual Brembo fitment to the R180 equipped '07, I don't know.

Did Subaru use beefier axles, hubs. Or just the R180 diff itself was changed? Being that it is using the identical rear brake setup as an LGT, my guess is you should be able to bolt-on the LGT kit. With the normal grinding, and removal of the dustshield.

Will the 18" Spec.B wheels clear with a small (no more than 5mm) spacer?

2013 S4 - Glacier White - DSG - B&O - Tech Package - Sports Diff - Napa - RS4 Grille - Stasis Exhaust - APR Intake - KW Variant 1 - Stern Control Arms - CR-15 - Stasis RSB - Moog Endlinks - PC Hyper Black Peelers - Deval Front Lip - ECS Rear Diffuser - Carbon Imports Ducktail - ECS Mirror Caps - Relak Paddle Extensions - Autostyle Floor Mats - LED Interior - V1 - Blackvue DR900s -

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yikes! How about a 7 1/2" wheel on a 48mm offset? I'm pretty sure those will clear on the STi. Is it any different with the Legacy? Meaning is the mounting point of the brakes somehow a bit further inboard than the STi, or is the clearance difference based on a wider wheel with more offset?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you follow the Sti wheel fitment list, you should not have any issues. It does have to do with offset & wheel width, but also spoke design. The Sti Brembo is a cast caliper, and hence thicker than a typical billet or forged piece.

I run Rota Torques in 17x8 48mm offset. I also had 17x7.5 SDR's, also with the 48mm offset. No spacers needed.

Ok, thanks much for the info! I'll have to check SubyDude's website to see about some new Rotas...

Also, Edmundu, what tire size are you running on your Torques? Any rubbing issues?

Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived