LegacyGT.com

open source help please

groff

just gutted all the stockers, and wanted to dl the original rom and flash a new one.

using EcuFlash I'm getting the following error:

[00:09:51.810] Version 1.29.906

[00:09:51.831] 8 memory models read.

[00:09:54.124] 140 ROM metadata models read.

[00:09:54.124] checksum module "subarudbw" loaded.

[00:09:54.124] flashing tool "wrx02" loaded.

[00:09:54.124] flashing tool "wrx04" loaded.

[00:09:54.124] flashing tool "sti04" loaded.

[00:09:54.124] flashing tool "sti05" loaded.

[00:09:54.124] flashing tool "mitsukernel" loaded.

[00:09:54.124] flashing tool "mitsukernelocp" loaded.

[00:09:54.124] flashing tool "mitsubootloader" loaded.

[00:13:29.303] ssm2_init

[00:13:29.453] ECU ID is 2F 12 78 55 06

[00:13:29.453] ssm2_cmd_0x81

[00:13:29.504] ssm2_cmd_0x83

[00:13:29.554] denso challenge-response

[00:13:29.594] challenge is F0 2D F1 1A

[00:13:29.604] response is 00 45 1B 47

[00:13:29.644] ssm2_cmd_0x10

[00:13:30.034] validating denso kernel ram area addr: FFFF3000 len: 0C28

the odometer reads: "Er HC", while the temp gauge maxes out with the car off. If I try and read the ecu with the car started using EcuFlash it kills the car and I again get the above errors. Yes the green connectors under drivers side dash are connected, and plug is all the way in. seems like it would be a connection issue, but I'm not sure where I'm going wrong?:confused:

Also, if I wanted to use ecuexplorer instead what vehicle do I select since there is no 2005-2006 LGT in there?

osecuroms is a bit slower to respond so I'm hoping there are a few here who can help, thanks

ps, on a friendlier note, not sure why I haven't gotten any check engine lights for having no cats yet?

EcuFlash tells you when to turn the ignition on. They mean to the RUN position -- as far as you can go without actually starting the car. You have to turn it on within 2-3 seconds of hitting the OK button or the sync won't work and you'll need to do it again.

If I remember correctly, you'll want to choose a "2005-6 DBW" -- DBW = drive by wire.

Cat-related CELs take a few drive cycles to activate.

What John said.

Your engine shouldn't be running.

1. Connect green connectors.

2. Get laptop ready to download (get the dialog box open)

3. Turn the ignition to the run position

4. Within 1-2 seconds hit the OK button.

What version of EcuFlash are you using and what version cable are you using? When installing new versions of EcuFlash, make sure to completely delete all remnants of the old EcuFlash.

its just the green connectors on the drivers side that need to be connected correct?

On my car (05 LGT Wagon) the connectors that count are on the passenger side. If I pull back the carpet at the very front of the footwell, they're near the transmission hump. They're green, there's a male and a female, right next to each other, just connect them.

If I remember correctly, the errors I got before connecting them looked just like what's posted above. I've pulled my image, but haven't even tried reflashing yet.

As John said, turn the car on, but don't start it.

Also, after doing this, I took several tries to start the car (after I separated the connectors, unplugged the cable, put the laptop away, etc). Someone else reported the same thing also - don't panic if it happens to you. :)

tactrix cable 1.3

ecuflash 1.29.906

newest of both, this is my first go around with it. the car isn't running, i just tried that once to see. cuz everytime after the error message comes up it takes about 15 seconds of cranking to turn over the first start

Sorry... it's hard to diagnose these things over a forum.

BTW, it takes a long time to start the car after you reset the ECU (connect green connectors) because the computer is basically rebooting. Instead of cranking it, turn the ignition to the run position and wait until the gages swap hands. This will give the ECU time to get everything in order. Then turn the key to start.

On my car (05 LGT Wagon) the connectors that count are on the passenger side. If I pull back the carpet at the very front of the footwell, they're near the transmission hump. They're green, there's a male and a female, right next to each other, just connect them.

If I remember correctly, the errors I got before connecting them looked just like what's posted above. I've pulled my image, but haven't even tried reflashing yet.

Yes, this is correct for the Legacy and Outback models (and probably for Tribeca, too). The test mode connectors that need to be joined while dumping/uploading a ROM image are under the RH side of the dash on North American models.

The general procedure is:

- Connect OpenPort cable between laptop and car's OBD-II connector

- Connect the two green test-mode connectors

- Insert ignition key but leave in OFF position

- Start EcuFlash program on laptop

- When instructed by EcuFlash program, turn ignition key to ON (not START) position

- Click the EcuFlash "OK" button on the laptop

Instead of cranking it, turn the ignition to the run position and wait until the gages swap hands. This will give the ECU time to get everything in order. Then turn the key to start.

Good to know, thanks!

;936636']Yes, this is correct for the Legacy and Outback models (and probably for Tribeca, too). The test mode connectors that need to be joined while dumping/uploading a ROM image are under the RH side of the dash on North American models.

The general procedure is:

- Connect OpenPort cable between laptop and car's OBD-II connector

- Connect the two green test-mode connectors

- Insert ignition key but leave in OFF position

- Start EcuFlash program on laptop

- When instructed by EcuFlash program, turn ignition key to ON (not START) position

- Click the EcuFlash "OK" button on the laptop

will try the right hand side tonight after the gf goes to bed :icon_mrgr:lol:

and success, thanks to the passenger side references I now have a stage 1 car. now that I've had success there, time to create a stage 2 map since someone (cough cough: 2005garnetGT cough cough:hide: ) isn't completely satisfied with his yet :icon_mrgr

Archived