LegacyGT.com

Steering wheel mold defect?

07Waggin

Hi, all-

Our new 07 Legacy 2.5i wagon has the molded synthetic steering wheel. Under my fingertips on the inside right side is a defect or a poor injection mold site that is rough to the touch. It's right at the 2 o'Clock position where you'd normally hold the wheel driving.

I wondered why there wasn't one at the 10 o'Clock position, then realized it could be a poor casting or the wheel was actually marred pre-delivery.

Does anyone know if this is a normal condition for the synthetic steering wheels?

Thanks! :icon_wink

• 2 weeks later...

I have a new 2007 Legacy SE and I think I have the same thing at the 2 oclock position. I thought it was a tear, but when I used a mirror to look at it I saw that it was a defined raised circle. I guess that may be how they all are or some are just more pronounced than others

Larry

Guest *Jedimaster*
To the original poster: DO NOT INHALE THE MOLD! Some mold can be deadly. Instead, scrape some off, take it to the Health Department and have them identify it and recommend what kind of defoliant you can use on your car without melting the steering wheel. Also send Subaru a letter and ask why moldy steering wheels are being sent out.

Archived