LegacyGT.com

Sucks-cura Rdx

not bad for honda to finally wake up and slap a turbo on the rdx....

260 lb/ft of torque is prolly the highest to ever come from a 4 banger honda offering LOL....

wonder why subaru didnt use the variable turbine style technology on our cars to reduce the lag. (some car in the 80s had that too and so does the new 911 turbo)

...ah well point being not bad coming from acura

My wife used to work as a translator for Honda.

Mr. Honda wouldn't allow turbos to be used in their street cars... which was really odd because Honda became famous with their turbocharged formula 1 engines.

I believe that the current CEO of Honda was the head of the Formula 1 development team and almost quit when Honda pulled out of Formula 1.

I think turbocharged engines are the wave of the future for moderately priced performance cars.

say what you want about honda/acura power, but i miss the fit and finish of my tsx.

but u'd miss the awd and power of ur LGT/OB if u went back to the TSX

....maybe the RDX is for someone like u ....someone whos looking for that fit/finish in a small suv/waggin body with power to match and awd. RDX looks promising.

but u'd miss the awd and power of ur LGT/OB if u went back to the TSX

i would miss the power...thats why i still love my obxt

....maybe the RDX is for someone like u

not without a MT its not :(

RDX looks promising.

i agree...i though you were more or less bashing it, thats why i commented.

But it's an SUV... who cares?

Jam that guy in a car that weighs under 3000 lbs and you'd have a Honda winner. Honda will push this technology / engine down into whatever they can within 2 model years.

If the Integra comes back one day soon turbo-charged right out of the showroom, I would be lined up to drive it.

(some car in the 80s had that too and so does the new 911 turbo)

Dodge/Shelby in 89-90 had what was called a Vnt (variable nozzle turbo)Garret T25. A Vnt uses blades to direct exhaust toward or away from the exhaust impellar. Its uses this system instead of a normal wastegate.

From what little I heard about the new 911 turbo, the vanes on the turbo actually move. I'd imagine they work similiar to an airplane with a constant variable propellar.

From what little I heard about the new 911 turbo, the vanes on the turbo actually move. I'd imagine they work similiar to an airplane with a constant variable propellar.

Yeah its pretty cool, check out the pics here...

Porsche turbocharged gasoline engine with variable turbine geometry (VTG) - car magazine, auto reviews at motiontrends.com

I can't knock Acura/Honda, I've tried, I just can't. Its very hard to dis a company that just knows what the hell its doing :)

not without a MT its not :(

The paddle shifters should be helpful

i agree...i though you were more or less bashing it, thats why i commented.

No i wasnt bashing the RDX much, instead i was indirectly/sarcastically commending their efforts.

I was mocking Honda/Acura lightly and stating that they have finally pulled their head out of their..... and finally offered a decent engine, ignoring the fact that its on a heavy mini-SUV. 250hp/260lbft on something the size of the RDX should make for a decent experience.

May be someday this engine will find its way on the TSX alongwith their SH-AWD system and give the Legacy a run for its money.

For 07 the TL S type is back......

289hp

6mt

18" wheels

Now if it were only rwd:(

do they have the figure right this time? they got in trouble with listing the TL at 270hp then later had to come down to 258. (this was outside of the new power rating standard)

God damn it! Porsche should be sued. The vanes of the turbo themselves do not move. Vanes are in the shell or whatever the external part of the turbo is called. Exactly the same set-up as Dodge did over 15 years ago. How the hell do you think you could create movable vanes (how would it be powered first of all?) on something spinning at 100K in such a small space that gets hit with such high temps? Oh, it has to last the lifetime on a street car, and not have it cost 100K by itself?

Dodge version, notice the vanes above the compressor wheel:

http://www.xmission.com/~dempsey/shelby/vntcut.jpg

Here is the Porsche version, notice the top of the vanes, and the location of the compressor wheel which is hidden:

http://www.stinkyteapot.com/turbine.jpg

Archived