LegacyGT.com

So my brakes have 'stuck' a couple times now..

t0ad

This is a weird problem. Here's what happens. I get to work, car sits for 8-9 hours, and when I go out and fire it up and put it in reverse, the car lurches a bit and stays in place. Usually it just rolls back as smooth as butter. I actually have to give it a little gas in order for it to 'break free' and start rolling backwards idling. It makes the same creaking sound you hear when you're right on the threshold of stopping the car or creeping forward with the brake, and then it's fine for the rest of the day. This has happened twice so far .. it's weird. It's almost like the brakes got wet and rusted to the rotor over the course of the day. The rotors don't look out of the ordinary though, and I've never had this issue with my old car that was also 4 wheel discs.

The first time this happened, it was a very rainy day, but the second time it happened it was clear and sunny. Is it just the composition of the stock pads thats causing it to randomly 'glue' itself to the rotor? There's no other strange noises after the inital breaking free sound.

:iam:

Mine used to do that after I'd wash it and it would sit for a day or so. It's something with the way the E-Brake mates to the rear calipers.

No worries I'd say.......

Only when backing up?

Could be the parking brake cable is gettting stuck - happens.

Solutions are varied from replacement to adjustment. Try not using the parking brake and see what happens (aside from the car rolling away on you...).

I didn't use it on the days I had the stuck problem; I've only used the parking brake 3 or 4 times so far, as I never really park on any sort of incline. That, and the release button is ridiculously stiff. I'm not exactly a weakling, but it usually takes me pressing down with both thumbs on that damned button to get it to release :lol: Maybe I'll ask El Dealero about it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Bump!

Stuck parking brake. Same symptoms. If I give the car enough go juice, it "brakes" free (I kill me). But today, it's REALLY stuck and I'm afraid of burning out the clutch. Tried popping the clutch three times and hefty amounts of throttle to back out of garage three times. No go. Literally. But now lots of clutch stink. Stuck at home and can't get to work. Suggestions to break it free?

Bump!

Stuck parking brake. Same symptoms. If I give the car enough go juice, it "brakes" free (I kill me). But today, it's REALLY stuck and I'm afraid of burning out the clutch. Tried popping the clutch three times and hefty amounts of throttle to back out of garage three times. No go. Literally. But now lots of clutch stink. Stuck at home and can't get to work. Suggestions to break it free?

Drive the kart to work.

It is still ugly.

Archived