In January 2014, I bought a 2005 Subaru Legacy SOHC 2.5i Limited. I absolutely love this car. My 2nd Legacy ever owned, but my 4th Subaru ever owned. Prior to my purchase. the dealer whom I bought it from, had thoroughly gone through the car and replaced several things including the water pump, thermostat and timing belt (serpentine belt). Now I'm having issues with overheating, loss of antifreeze (not dripping or draining out onto the ground. Reservoir is always dry.) and a smell of antifreeze when I start the car. I haven't noticed any white smoke while driving and it only starts to over heat during highways or long trips. I had the thermostat checked and that was fine. My head gasket is fine also. I'm guessing it is the water pump. But is it possible for a water pump to go bad after 16 months of ownership and 28K miles? Need some help here. Just trying to save some money before some mechanic tries to rip me off. Thanks.