LegacyGT.com

*Which front bumper do you guys want?* (real thread)

Mines

Which Bumper style  

193 members have voted

1. 1. Which Bumper style

[sorry for posting so much mods, my comp froze and did a double post]

For all you guys that have been waiting to make your Q-ship a little less quiet. I think this is finally going to happen, but I want to get everyones opinion to make sure before I give the final idea to the company im working with.

These bumpers will be made to fit the US bumper so it will fit the US grille and the US bumper, so it will extend 4 inchs more than the JDM. The reason why the kit is being made for the US bumper is that you would have to import the JDM bumper beam and that would be costly and people that want to import the JDM bumper beam might as well get the actual Japanese products.

Please pick only out of these three body kits, I know about all the others (trust me) these just seem to be more generally accepted.

the choices

Prova

K2 Gear

Spec B + lip

aeroBPA.thumb.jpg.f2c6ff534a678456cdf19b3f34957b72.jpg

shop082.jpg.7326d275ae51c0806a77876463d04f52.jpg

hky.jpg.b42fe91e6e8fdc94227b83233d5f6ce8.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st attachment is the SpecB with lip

2nd attachment is the K2 Gear

3rd attachment is the Prova

Just wanted that to be clear, it's a lil confusing the way he posted names and they don't match the attachment number.......

Anywho, I like them all

Would the Prova come with the grille attached.......I'd prob buy any of these in a heartbeat. ;)

Not trying to throw a wrench in this, but why couldn't a suitable bumper beam be fabbed in the US? I like the Spec-B a lot, and if it looked all right w/the extra length I will get one, but why mess with proportions for $50-100 worth of aluminum?

Ted

:spin:

Not trying to throw a wrench in this, but why couldn't a suitable bumper beam be fabbed in the US? I like the Spec-B a lot, and if it looked all right w/the extra length I will get one, but why mess with proportions for $50-100 worth of aluminum?

Ted

I dont know about you guys, but i just have the tendency to Not mess with any of my car's saftey features. Many people on the boards have gotten in accidents in the Legacy and it seems to have fared so well in crashes so Why Mess With Success?

K2 and Spec B are almost even right now.

Yea spec B is more classy, K2 is more flashy and has a bigger opening

Fixed the pic order even though the white one Clearly has the name PROVA on the front plate... haha just kidding. Keep on voting, K2 Gear is winning right now.

If A short one is done, will you guys really be willing to take of your front crash beam? And pay for an additional beam? I dont even know how much that costs

k2, FTW.

Although I have to agree. the big reason those look so good is because they are not so long on the front.

I wish there were a way to make those japanese parts more readily available, and somewhat less expensive, where the shipping really kills things. good parts are good, exchange rate and expensive transcontinental shipping are what make it a harder choice.

I don't like the prova part at all. The corazon part looks better, while similar.

The Spec B looks good, but a bit like a gap-tooth smile on the lower opening. It reminds me of ernest borgnine.

The K2 looks the best. With the larger grille opening, the three wide openings at the bottom... looks great. I could even see extending the molded-in lip extended all the way across, just to differentiate it from the M5 OE BMW piece a bit more.

I also like the new Gialla front end, and it might be long enough already. with three large porsche-like openings, and the F430-like side extractors...

I'd love to see either the Gialla or K2 bumpers fitted with extra material to allow fitment of outback fender flares, like the corazon kit has.

It would especially be good if it could be done in such a way that the bumpers could be sold with OR without the accomodation for the fender flares, as well as a trim for the rear doors, to blend the flare into the door skin, rather than the outback's door-cladding. But maybe the door cladding would add a wide-body look...

It would be interesting to see, none-the less.

I would love to get the shorter version of the K2. I was going to order one from Japan, but the shipping SCARED me off the deal. I wouldn't mind have to fabricate some bumper beam etc. for the shorter version bumper. I'm going to have a FMIC anyway~

The JDM legacy was what inspired me to buy this car. I didn't know the difference between the JDM bumper and USDM bumper before, but I have always noticed SOMETHING WRONG about the look of my car. It just looks like so much larger than what I have imaged, and from the side, it kinda looks like Camery, instead of BMW. I later found out that's just because of the extra length (like 10 inches front + back) we have on our cars... I will love to make my car shorter and have more of that Euro/JDM style, especially from the side! PLEASE PLEASE make them in the authentic JDM style (I don't mind the grille)! That's the whole point for ppl who love thses aftermarket bumpers!!!

Hey guys the more I look at the K2 gear one, the harder it seems to make it look good with an extended bumper beam. The whole M5 style is so round so a short bumper beam would be required to make the lines smooth and make it look nice.

I think the spec B route will be taken first. It is the most conservative looking and it appears that a bumper extension will not mess up the lines because the spec B bumper is more angled than the K2.

As for making a short bumper, did you guys see Street Image BP5's post? "its actually more than just the bumper beam replacement if you want everything to fit right w/a jdm style bumper. Beam, fender liners, undertray and airguides" thats alot of stuff guys.

Oh by the way I know about Gialla, it just seems to be too flashy for the Legacy Crowd. What do you guys think

P1.jpg.1de756d110343106c6fc04d27093fd31.jpg

P2.jpg.2206243d78590717143bd011a41174e8.jpg

P3.jpg.ab5df913758284f90565c74be1e73e8d.jpg

Archived