LegacyGT.com

Head unit trouble

Guys, for the last three days I have been unable to change XM stations, I keep getting this screen when I attempt to change the XM station only, although I can change to FM & AM, CD, etc without issue. I have been stuck on one station and it is beginning to annoy me.. This morning, I let it do its thing, just spinning, my entire ride to work and it did not resolve the issue..

As always, all advice & input is appreciated!

1891030525_HeadUnit.thumb.JPG.0838d239c585f9f8f2ef01ced46c547f.JPG

Easy answer, newer car under warranty - take it to dealer.

Well yes, but if there is a simple solution that saves me from taking time off from work and just saves me time in general, I would prefer that ....Thank you for your advice non the less.

Well yes, but if there is a simple solution that saves me from taking time off from work and just saves me time in general, I would prefer that ....Thank you for your advice non the less.

Try disconnecting the battery and let it sit for a bit? Check around, there are posts about what you'll need to do after having the car off the battery (power window reset, etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been having some troubles with my head unit, but not the same as yours. I have noticed quite a few glitches that happen every once in a while. My car is at the dealer now, but they say they can't find anything, not a software update.

Here are some of the things I have noticed, but go away when the car is shut off and started again.

1. Not everything is rendered on the screen like the lines under song and artist.

2. Has frozen and no buttons work for 15-20 min.

3. The backup camera image size was smaller and not filling up the full screen.

4. When the FM station switches from analog to HD, the sound fades out and never comes back. Changing channels and turning the radio power off/on didn't fix it. This one I actually showed the dealer. Of course it worked later when it was in to get looked at.

5. Not the head unit, but the MPG indicator stopped working a couple times, then after 10 min, started to work again.

Yeah, maybe. Well I just came back from the dealer and they said the couldn't reproduce and there were no updates available. I guess I'm out of luck and will just deal with it when that stuff happens.

Have you heard of the firmware update? It may be worth a shot. The thread is linked earlier in this thread.

Updating is pretty easy, I put the latest on mine a few nights ago. I didn't like my 8GB drive but I had an older 1GB one that worked fine. It did take a reset before it would communicate with the can system for those features like throttle position, oil temp etc.

I read the thread on updating and it seems pretty straight forward if it works the first time. I really wanted my dealer to do it since they didn't do it the first time I was in. I just got done talking to them and they said that update didn't apply to my radio. I wonder if they only read the NAV part and not the whole thing.

... [my dealer] said that update didn't apply to my radio.

It's easy enough to check for yourself. The necessary steps are detailed in the update instructions.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

I had mine in for service last month. Asked them to do the TSB update as my lifetime fuel economy was up to 52MPG (I wish). After getting it back, the economy and vehicle info screens were showing 0 data for all. TPMS monitor and coolant temp were inoperative. Went back yesterday to have it updated again and now am told they have to order a new HU. Ughh.. I have a feeling the tech did not apply the update properly and now they are unable to re-flash it again.

After the update process mine was also blank, as it was not communicating via CAN, but a memory initialization and power cycle of the unit everything was back to normal.

How was that accomplished? Did you do it or have to go back to dealer?

I did the update at home in my garage, there is a thread floating around here with how to do the whole update process (post #5 of this thread is a link to another thread that has some details and I believe possibly a link to another thread). But to reset the memory hold the home button and push the audio/tune knob 5 times, brings up menu for getting to the area to do the memory initialization and updates. There is also a screen in there to check and see if things are connected and working, like (usb,aux, rcam, mic, xm module, uart, and can). I can post pictures after work if you are not able to find the thread via the link in post 5.

I did the update at home in my garage, there is a thread floating around here with how to do the whole update process (post #5 of this thread is a link to another thread that has some details and I believe possibly a link to another thread). But to reset the memory hold the home button and push the audio/tune knob 5 times, brings up menu for getting to the area to do the memory initialization and updates. There is also a screen in there to check and see if things are connected and working, like (usb,aux, rcam, mic, xm module, uart, and can). I can post pictures after work if you are not able to find the thread via the link in post 5.

Thanks, I will give it a try.

I had mine in for service last month. Asked them to do the TSB update as my lifetime fuel economy was up to 52MPG (I wish). After getting it back, the economy and vehicle info screens were showing 0 data for all. TPMS monitor and coolant temp were inoperative. Went back yesterday to have it updated again and now am told they have to order a new HU. Ughh.. I have a feeling the tech did not apply the update properly and now they are unable to re-flash it again.

There is a TMPS monitor in a 2015 Subaru. I mean one that is displays pressure on unit? Where?

There is a TMPS monitor in a 2015 Subaru. I mean one that is displays pressure on unit? Where?

there is no display that shows the individual tire pressure. The way the salesman explained it to me is that screen shows each tires traction. When you're driving normal, it'll be green. If the tire slips, it should turn red I think.

Archived