LegacyGT.com

Rockford Fosgate's new Cleansweep alternative

SVXWRX

i guess every manufacturer will have a version of these soon...

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/6474/3sixtylangleon5iz.jpg

24bit D/A

Music sensing remote turn-on

Programable Inputs

-2 to 6 channel inputs

-Up to 20v RMS input

-Channel Summing

-can accept both RCA and speaker level inputs at same time

-Signal presence and Clip indicators

Line Driver/High volt outputs

-'conservatively rated' at 5v RMS

Programable (knob) controller

-master volume/sub level

-Aux input toggle

Wireless (PDA) control interface

-Real-time control

-Your Palm OS (5.0 or better) PDA w/ Bluetooth required

EQ

-Auto Normalization with visual verification of frequency response

-Front L&R channels: 31 bands each

-Rear & Center channels: 27 bands each

-Subwoofer channel: 10 band

-Aux Input with it's own 31 band EQ

-Boost or cut +/- 10dB

X-over

-50Hz to 10kHz

-62 steps on ISO 1/3 Oct centers

-selectable 12/24dB per Octave slope

-HP/LP/BP/AP (50-200Hz LP filter on sub)

-Independent filter control for all channels

-Independent level control for all channels

-Independent muting control for all channels

Adjustable sub-sonic filter

-20 to 35Hz

-selectable 12/24dB per Octave slope

-1Hz steps

Time Alignment

-10' total adjustment

-6" increments

takes a factory radio's ED'd speaker level out and converts it to an un-EQ'ed line level out for aftermarket gear. This one adds x-over, sub control and Bluetooth interface.

Rockford = crapola since they started selling $200 amps at Best Buy. IMHO, of course.

Don't get me wrong - the info is appreciated & this type of device is just what the doctor ordered for many of us.

i actually prefer the stereo in the cubby - closer to eye level. i think a double-DIN nav unit in the factory stereo location would be just plain dangerous. for other cars with no "cubby option", these devices may be the only solution, but i think an aftermarket head with the AVO adapter is the way to go for the Legacy. :) just my 2 cents.

music snob check in aisle two! :icon_bigg

Sorry, didn't mean it that way (but, you are spot on :laugh: ) I used to sell Rockford and they had a proud, distuingished history. They weren't the first (nor the last) company to 'sell out' to the big box stores and offload production to China vs. being made in the US. I bought an MBQuart amp (which is now owned by Rockford) which uses the TransANA and TransNOVA from the top-end Rockford stuff of years past.

Sorry, didn't mean it that way (but, you are spot on :laugh: ) I used to sell Rockford and they had a proud, distuingished history. They weren't the first (nor the last) company to 'sell out' to the big box stores and offload production to China vs. being made in the US. I bought an MBQuart amp (which is now owned by Rockford) which uses the TransANA and TransNOVA from the top-end Rockford stuff of years past.

i remember them supposedly making decent stuff a while back, but i saw one of their recent headunits and it looked pretty craptacular.

i'm not even interested in this product, but it does have some cool features for those who might be in the market for something like this.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry folks, the information is lifted from their press release.

I hate to say that I'm doing the install when the local audioshop gets them in. Sounded like it'll be cool, can't wait to try it out!

Rockford Unveils New Signal Processor...

Called the 3Sixty, this interactive processor has up to 156 bands of equalization and makes it easier to integrate aftermarket equipment with OEM. It also includes an auxiliary input for the inclusion of other car entertainment devices such as a video game or MP3 player.

Actually, the 3Sixty combines common audio components into one unit. It allows for six channels of 1/3rd octave equalization and each channel has a 3-way crossover with selectable slope. The crossover can be adjusted between 50 Hz. and 10kHz. There is also a subsonic filter to protect the subwoofers that includes a selectable slope, delay and output level controls. The subsonic filter can be adjusted between 20 Hz. and 35 Hz.

The six channel 1/3rd octave equalizer features a 31 band EQ for the left and right front, 28 band EQ for the left and right rear, a 28 band EQ for the center, a 10 band EQ for the subwoofer(s), and a 31 band EQ for the auxiliary input.

Moreover, it includes software that analyzes the existing sonic signature coming from the factory source unit and automatically normalizes and/or sums the response to create a full range signal. It has the capability to visually show a before and after snapshot of the OEM sonic manipulation.

Finally, the 3Sixty can be controlled by a Palm OS® device and the adjustments made by the Palm OS can be shown real-time on screen

Damn you people, just when i decide on a cubby install

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/gallery/images/ces2k6-60.jpg

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/gallery/images/ces2k6-61.jpg

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/gallery/images/ces2k6-62.jpg

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

manville, how does the one differ from the JL audio device? Is thier any difference that you can see, or is it functionally the same.

I'm not asking you to compare the performance of either (ie: how well they work) - but more so just the basic functions that each provide.

I have no idea how well it works... I only got a brief demo at CES, but it seems to be a very capable piece of gear on paper.

The basic version (.1) can de-equalize the factory signals, can accept six channels of inputs (which can be summed together if necessary) and permits manipulation of a 10-band EQ. All setup is via a Bluetooth enabled Palm OS device. It has five outputs plus a subwoofer output and has an aux.input.

The higher end version (.2) adds a very flexible active crossover, channel delays and a more powerful EQ.

So i thought about it, and i would want the nicer one.. but then i still need a seperate mp3 player and a seperate xm tuner which would mean my dash would be even more cluttered then doing a AVIC-N2, so thats what im gonna do :) Plus the install of a seperate xm tuner, having to figure out a good place to put the mp3 player, yada yada i'm probably going to end up spending less money on the AVIC although i might still figure out a neat way to mount my mp3 player to the aux in anyway...
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

I don't really have the option of installing XM or Sirius in Alaska--we don't receive the signal. I'm only interested in connecting my iPod.

Otherwise, it's a simple system: Diamond Audio components front, rear and 10" sub with custom box. Can't quite remember if I wanted to go for ported or not. I like some bass but don't want the whole neighborhood to know about it.

It'll be a few more weeks before we get the 3Sixty in-hand. I'll keep everyone posted.

One of the coolest features IMO is the wireless PDA interface.

I'm not sure why they picked PalmOS though... who actually still uses this system? Even Palm has ditched PalmOS for Windows Mobile on their latest models.

takes a factory radio's ED'd speaker level out and converts it to an un-EQ'ed line level out for aftermarket gear. This one adds x-over, sub control and Bluetooth interface.
Can you explain how it "de-EQs" the speaker level out? Does it simply apply another EQ to the signal, and then line convert it? I don't see the benefit of doing this, really... unless it somehow has access to the pre-EQ signal... does it?
Rockford = crapola since they started selling $200 amps at Best Buy. IMHO, of course.
So true. They don't make 'em like they used to.

it takes speaker level in and takes the EQ curve out, leaving you with an 8V output with flat response. The JL unit comes with a setup CD - the processor compares what it knows is on the CD and the input it gets and does correction.

I'm still partial to the Cleansweep only because they used the Legacy as a demo vehicle. Its great to know before hand exactly how the output will look. I am very tempted to try out the RF though b/c I know a couple salesmen than might get a good deal, and the Palm integration would be fun (I'd have to use my dad's phone b/c I don't use Palm).

But you wouldn't need it at all times, just the occasional showing off/tuning.

Archived