LegacyGT.com

Side Mirror with Integrated Turn Signal

I recently purchased a 2015 Legacy Premium 2.5i without EyeSight, and I was looking at some of the available options, and one brochure I looked at said the Side Mirrors with the Integrated Turn Signal were an option.

I have seen these standard on the Limited, and I think I have seen some on Premiums as well, but my dealer wasn't able to tell me if I can have these installed.

Does anyone know if the wiring may already exist for these in all trim models? Or is it limited to the models that have EyeSight with the Blind Spot detection (since these are the only ones I have seen these lights on)?

Of course, has anyone bought these parts and installed them? I'm waning to do this, but don't want to spend the money or time to find that the wiring isn't there. Thanks everyone!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read the specs on the Subaru online parts website and it says the auto dimming feature works only if u have the auto dimming rear view mirror also and the blind spot detection only works if ur car already has that feature, which I'm guessing only comes with eyesight packages. It also says none of these features work on the base model Edited by kayslay21
Grammar

I have a limited without eyesight, but I do have the blind spot detection and turn signals. I opted to not get the dimming side mirrors and only the dimming rear mirror.

I have a limited without eyesight, but I do have the blind spot detection and turn signals. I opted to not get the dimming side mirrors and only the dimming rear mirror.

Thanks, I wasn't sure if you had to have eyesight for the turn signals. Since mine is a Premium, I'm not too sure if it would have the wiring for the signals or not.

I also decided not to go with the auto dimming side mirrors... my tinting does a good enough job with that! :)

Just so everyone is clear, my question has nothing to do with the auto dimming mirrors. I can get them since I have the auto dimming rear view mirror, but don't want them. This is just asking about the turn signals on the outside of the mirrors.

Just be careful if you're ordering parts from overseas as LHD and RHD cars need the mirrors at different angles due to relative position of the driver. I know these are different in some makes/models.

Sorry I can't help with whether your car is pre-wired with the turn signals for the mirrors. Probably the best way is to disassemble and check before shelling out the $ if you can't return the items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just be careful if you're ordering parts from overseas as LHD and RHD cars need the mirrors at different angles due to relative position of the driver. I know these are different in some makes/models.

Sorry I can't help with whether your car is pre-wired with the turn signals for the mirrors. Probably the best way is to disassemble and check before shelling out the $ if you can't return the items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I was going to order the parts, I was going to do it directly through the dealer and get OEM parts for it. I'm just hesitating opening it up and breaking something since I wouldn't quite know how to do it!

Maybe the first thing to do is to find out the cost of the parts from the dealer. This may make your mind up ;)

LOL, The cost isn't too bad. Would be around $200 for everything for both sides. It's probably not something I would do right away, but at least want to know if I have the option or not in the future!

First project is installing the fog light kit I just bought today for it! :D

Then ask when you are really ready to do a mod.

No need to be a d!*k about it. Finding out the proper information will make the decision if I am going to do the mod or not.

Edited by 1692

No need to be a d!*k about it. Finding out the proper information will make the decision if I am going to do the mod or not.

Yeah, I have found that he's a waste of space. There's one or two others lurking around here...

Then ask when you are really ready to do a mod.

Easy there. He's taking the right approach and trying to determine if the wiring exists in his car already. It's called doing your homework prior to shelling out cash or spending time tearing the car apart. If the possibility exists and someone else knows something, it usually pays to talk to them first so you know what you should expect.

My point of view if you ready for a mod then the extra research is warranted. Do a project and put all your efforts into that project until completed. Then start your next endeavor. This is standard flow charting.

This is the best that I found on side mirrors.

BTW I research this prior to my first post but then you said you wanted to the do the fog lights first.

Edited by Yoda_One
Laughing at Oneself and with Other is good for the Soul😆

My point of view if you ready for a mod then the extra research is warranted. Do a project and put all your efforts into that project until completed. Then start your next endeavor. This is standard flow charting.

This is the best that I found on side mirrors.

BTW I research this prior to my first post but then you said you wanted to the do the fog lights first.

I have no problem working on multiple projects at one time... and to be honest, the fog lights were probably the easiest I have ever done on a car. Took 45 minutes at most.

I do appreciate the constructive feedback though... that's what I was hoping for in the first place. Thank you.

Edited by 1692

• 2 weeks later...

I found a write up that someone had done on for a 2015 WRX, and it looks like they had to wire in the power for the turn signals. I didn't see anything about if this might work for a legacy though...

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2650305

I actually got an invite from Heuberger to take my car for a free car wash, and have the chance to ask the service department any questions while I'm there. I'm going to try and go this week and see if there is anything I can find out. Maybe if they are as curious as I am, they may take my mirror apart and we will all see if this can be done!

Sweet 1692! I love my Service Advisor, Cindy P. but wish Shortline were a little more customer centric, ie washing the car after a service appt. But at least they did my first oil change for free on Saturday (2,500mi)

My first oil change free as well, which I'm very happy about! I still have a little while to wait for it since I just broke 1000 miles this last Saturday!

Heuberger has been nothing but fantastic with me! I always have seen commercials for them being the #1 Subaru dealer in the country, and now I see why! Even if I move, I will gladly make a trip to go back for upgrading my car, and the parts online are very well priced too, which you can see by checking out their Amazon store!

• 3 weeks later...

Any update on modifying the mirrors? I found this article over on the forrester forums, looks like they were successful in adding the blinkers on the mirrors. I'm definitely interested in adding these.

Here is a youtube link for them being installed on a 2015 STI -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqtSpJerlIY

Edited by AirBorne1Cav

1692 - just so you know...every dealer says they are #1 in the country...I've seen the commercials here in VA too:lol:

Don't believe everything you see or read on the TV or Internet.

Oh...and by the way...I am the best driver ever...how do I know? Because I said so;)