LegacyGT.com

OLM HP Gen 2 Passive Cooling led low beams

OLM HP Gen 2 Passive Cooling LED Low Beam Lights Bulbs

so how many people have bought these from subiespeed.com and installed them. curious of how well the fitment is and the looks of the beam pattern?

I installed mine last week. Very bright white light and the range and pattern appears to be excellent IMO. Actually took a ride around the neighborhood last night when it was pitch black outside to get a good feel for their performance. I have already ordered the LED bulbs for both my fogs and DRL/High Beams as well. Fogs and DRLs now look orange and ruin the look of the new low beams so now doing them all. I bought the CREE and not the Phillips. Doubt you'd see a difference but I am very happy and would recommend. Fitment is no different than the factory bulbs...truly plug-n-play. Takes less than a few minutes per side.

I installed low beam bulbs, high beam bulbs, and a second set of lows as fogs (Eyesight models use the same bulb for fogs as lows). 6000k CREE and all bulbs work great. Install takes about 60 seconds except for the fogs which can take a couple minutes to unfasten a few clips in the wheel well. Quality cutoff and fit on the lows though the highs don't seem quite aligned correctly (can't really tell a visible difference though).

I installed low beam bulbs, high beam bulbs, and a second set of lows as fogs (Eyesight models use the same bulb for fogs as lows). 6000k CREE and all bulbs work great. Install takes about 60 seconds except for the fogs which can take a couple minutes to unfasten a few clips in the wheel well. Quality cutoff and fit on the lows though the highs don't seem quite aligned correctly (can't really tell a visible difference though).

Why did you install low beam bulbs? The 2.5i Limited comes with HID low beams.

The 2.5i Limited comes with HID low beams.

Only in Canada.

Only the 3.6R Limited comes with HID's

Only in the U.S.

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there." ~ The Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

spacer.png

• 1 month later...
I installed mine last week. Very bright white light and the range and pattern appears to be excellent IMO. Actually took a ride around the neighborhood last night when it was pitch black outside to get a good feel for their performance. I have already ordered the LED bulbs for both my fogs and DRL/High Beams as well. Fogs and DRLs now look orange and ruin the look of the new low beams so now doing them all. I bought the CREE and not the Phillips. Doubt you'd see a difference but I am very happy and would recommend. Fitment is no different than the factory bulbs...truly plug-n-play. Takes less than a few minutes per side.

got any pictures ?

good to hear. probably will go with the 5k phillips. want more of a white hue without the blue tint

I've got the 5000k Philips low beams and they're great out on the road at night. I've got video of before and after. I don't have them up on the computer yet, but will get to it this weekend.

I'm curious to see what the high beams look like if they provide enough light when they are really needed in the woods.

I've got the 5000k Philips low beams and they're great out on the road at night. I've got video of before and after. I don't have them up on the computer yet, but will get to it this weekend.

I'm curious to see what the high beams look like if they provide enough light when they are really needed in the woods.

Yooo you got any pictures? that video would be clutch if you put it up

Yooo you got any pictures? that video would be clutch if you put it up

I'll work on it tonight when I get home from work. Been busy since I got them installed in June and had the videos sitting on my GoPro. I have a before and after, both are just after sunset so there's still some ambient light, but going through darker wooded areas (and had sections using the stock highs and my yellow fogs for comparisons).

I'd love to see some video of someone using the OLM high beams because I think I'm going to make the switch with those too, but don't want to lose any usability.

I'll work on it tonight when I get home from work. Been busy since I got them installed in June and had the videos sitting on my GoPro. I have a before and after, both are just after sunset so there's still some ambient light, but going through darker wooded areas (and had sections using the stock highs and my yellow fogs for comparisons).

I'd love to see some video of someone using the OLM high beams because I think I'm going to make the switch with those too, but don't want to lose any usability.

I have a video of the highs up on a different thread. I'd say they almost seem less bright, but actually light up more... which makes no sense lol. I'm happy with the highs though. My biggest issues is the DRL function, I feel bad when I see their reflection on the bumper ahead of me, but so far no noticeable complaints :lol:

You are the man ! thank you. much help needed

I have a video of the highs up on a different thread. I'd say they almost seem less bright, but actually light up more... which makes no sense lol. I'm happy with the highs though. My biggest issues is the DRL function, I feel bad when I see their reflection on the bumper ahead of me, but so far no noticeable complaints :lol:

yea id like to see those DRLs/Highbeams !

I've got the videos!

Finally got the GoPro Studio to work with some of the videos so I could trim them down. I showed some switching between the lows and highs (stock high beams) and the fogs on and off (headlight armor GT yellow lenses with stock bulbs).

Is it okay to just post links to the videos?

6000K Phillips LED's from Xenon Depot - IMO they are worth $100 when compared to stock, but probably not as bright as a proper HID setup. Can't beat them for the price and plug-in ease.

In the last two images, is that a picture of the philips led low beams, then the philips led low beams with the high beams on too? The heatsinks on those xenon depot led's is very interesting.

Archived