LegacyGT.com

Anyone know how to take apart the GT Leather Seats apart?

Xenonk

A week or two ago, I actually "broke" the lumbar support on the Driver side from braking into a turn at an autox (heard a loud POP in the seat and the lumbar support sunk in). I think I can put the lumbar support together, but I dont see any clips or hinges to take apart on the seat to get to the lumbar support from the back of the seat.. anyone have any ideas how to take a seat apart? I want see what I actually broke on the chair and hopefully fix it so my lumbar support is back together in working order. Appearently, the lumbar system is a two-lobe system since I can feel that only the right side lumbar support is working.. The heated seats are functioning properly as well, just the mechanical part of the lumbar support is not working.

Any pics, schematics or even a simple pic of where the clips are to take off the plastic backing of the seat is fine by me. Thanks

Keefe

I was wondering this myself as my lumbar is broke too (from pressing on the brake at a friggin' stoplight). The plastic backing on the seat also came out a bit on one side, but not enough to get it apart. If anyone knows where in the vacation pix I can find more information, please PM me the name of the "picture".

you will need a special tool that upholstery shops have. Hog's clips? I can't remember the right name, but they are the metal rings that hold the seat covers on the frame and tension the leather. You need the tool to remove and re-clip everything.

my guess is that the rear panel pops off with normal push fasteners, and then the seat covers clip on with hog rings. Seems to be the most logical given the setup. I would make sure to either take the seat out, or at least unplug all the molex connectors.

• 2 weeks later...

hey, I weigh in a whopping 140 lbs and I broke the seat with my braking skills...

I'll just have to look around some more about the seats themselves.. currently my lumbar broke at 36.000 miles... so I dont think that falls under the warranty anymore.. so anyways, I can learn from here... thanks for the help. I'll make an attempt without the hog rings and hog ring pliers..

Keefe

Guest *Jedimaster*

You mean breaking skills...

If the seats in the LGT are like the ones in the WRX, you won't even have to worry about hog rings- the back has velcro and a strange (to me) plastic clip that allows you to get into the fabric from the rear of the seat. As someone said, you'd have to get the plastic piece off first and that is likely pop its.

You mean breaking skills...

If the seats in the LGT are like the ones in the WRX, you won't even have to worry about hog rings- the back has velcro and a strange (to me) plastic clip that allows you to get into the fabric from the rear of the seat. As someone said, you'd have to get the plastic piece off first and that is likely pop its.

well, I used my braking skills to break the seat.. I stomped on the brakes pretty hard.. other seats would sustain such damage, unfortunately, this one didn't.

I noticed that the LGT only has the map-bungee pocket on the passenger seat.. I am going to see if I can "upgrade" to having two for my car and put another map-pocket on the driver side as well IF I do end up breaking the driver side rear panel.

Keefe

You need to eat some cornbread and potatoes man!! The more you weigh, the more you can apply braking force. The harder you stop, the more weight is transferred directly to the pedal. Self-energizing brakes!!! :lol:

You need to eat some cornbread and potatoes man!! The more you weigh, the more you can apply braking force. The harder you stop, the more weight is transferred directly to the pedal. Self-energizing brakes!!! :lol:

:lol:

Obviously, Keefe's ancestors are from the more dainty side of the Lee family, back in the village.

My side?

Not so dainty! ( Think Samo Hung - :icon_tong )

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

after looking around, I think I will tackle this "lumbar support" fix this weekend by just yanking out the seat's back board and go from there.. appearantly, it's snapped in real tight followed by a few slide-slip type of hinges for the board. I'll take a pic of the board and the internal of the seats this weekend..
Keefe

Guest *Jedimaster*
:lol:

Obviously, Keefe's ancestors are from the more dainty side of the Lee family, back in the village.

My side?

Not so dainty! ( Think Samo Hung - :icon_tong )

I'm witcha on that. The hung part too :D

Guest *Jedimaster*

I got all worried on the drive home today- 240 pounds and I can leg press the stack plus extra plates- I might break the damn thing just sitting down :lol:

Seriously, let us know what you find when you open her up.

Archived