Yesterday I got off work a little earlier than usual so I decided to go visit my mom. Before I left I gathered up my detailing kits so I can refinish her Camry's headlight. She was amazed by how it turned out when it was done.
Well here are the products that were used during the process and the step I took to refinish her yellowing and hazing headlights.
Medium cut polishing pad
Terry buffing clothe
Meguiar's ultimate compound
Mequiar's liquid wax
1000 and 2000 grit wet/dry sandpapers
1. Wet sand the headlight with 1000 2000 grit entirely
2. Wipe off with damp paper towel
3. Add small amount of compound to cutting pad. Buff the headlight evenly. Wipe off with microfiber clothe.
4. Add small amount of polishing glaze to terry cloth. Evenly polish the headlight. Wipe off with microfiber clothe.
5. Using a foam pad, apply wax in a circular motion to headlight. Wait until wax is dry, usually take 5-10 minutes. Wipe away with microfiber clothe. For a better result, apply a second coat of wax.
For sealer you can use Opti-coat but I used wax generally because I don't have the Opti-coat sealer.