LegacyGT.com

Finally Test Drove a Legacy GT 5 spd - **IMPRESSED**

Ok, so with about 6,000 views, my last "unimpressed thread" made quite a stink - found here: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16651

Well, I finally got to test drive a Legacy GT 5MT today....and WOW what a difference!!!!

I mean, night and day...from bland unexcitment to "OMG I'm gonna rear end the car in front of me!!!!" quick. ....and that was even with 3 people in the car. Imagine 350 lbs lighter with only me in it!

That thing launches out of the hole, and pulls and pulls at any speed! I can't wait to get my GTP unloaded so I can get into a LGT. Hooo-ah!

It's almost like the 2006's are better built then the 2005's. I mean, it just seemed "nicer", but that's probably because the last GT I drove was the managers son's car, and it was like all stick with pop, shit everywhere, and smelled bad.

Unfortunately, I still didnt have a great dealer experience (thats 2 out of the 3 near me down....1 left to try) as I was rushed...I just wanted to say, "look, your too busy? Get me someone else...." but I had already seen the car from the last time, and just wanted a feel for the MT. So I took some pics and left with about 45 minutes of car time.

Oh well, I still enjoyed the drive in a Regal Blue Peral LGT; and I think I'll be an "owning" member here soon....

I can see what all the fuss is about now.... :)

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

Told you......:D

Did you hear and like the gear whine? By far my favorite part of the car.

Anyway, glad you now see what we all here love. Any comparison to your highly modded GTP, in the way of acceleration?

hey hawk, I heard that gear whine for sure....it seems the faster the RPM (4-6K) it's really prominent in 2nd.

as for comparison to my Modded GTP....well, it sure seemed faster! But then, manuals always are, as you dont have to wait for it to shift out of OD and hit 2nd for the power to kick in! If your in 2nd or 3rd, and hit it, and mean, WHOA! your outta there! :D

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

You should've tried the 5EAT in Sportshift Mode. You can go on every gear until you hit the limiter with no fuss. It wil just whine quietly. It really is a 3-mode automatic. You can shift it to Sport Shift without shifting gears and the shift points will be a little aggressive. And when you want to go fast, just flick that stick up or down or push the buttons + or - and you will be smiling and in control.

Have fun with your 5MT. :D:D

"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

hey hawk, I heard that gear whine for sure....it seems the faster the RPM (4-6K) it's really prominent in 2nd.:D

That's the sound of straight cut gears (1 and 2 in this case). You wouldn't get that with helical cut gears, but then the Subaru engineers knew they were dealing with a lot of torque so the logical "engineering" approach was to load straight-cuts. One of my favorite sounds too.

Glad you finally got to drive a manual and sense what the rest of the MT drivers are so ecstatic about. :)

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Told you......:D

Did you hear and like the gear whine? By far my favorite part of the car.

Anyway, glad you now see what we all here love. Any comparison to your highly modded GTP, in the way of acceleration?

+ 1. Like they are different cars. 5EAT = Car. 5MT = Animal.

Unfortunately, I still didnt have a great dealer experience (thats 2 out of the 3 near me down....1 left to try) as I was rushed...I just wanted to say, "look, your too busy? Get me someone else...." but I had already seen the car from the last time, and just wanted a feel for the MT. So I took some pics and left with about 45 minutes of car time.

Oh well, I still enjoyed the drive in a Regal Blue Peral LGT; and I think I'll be an "owning" member here soon....

I can see what all the fuss is about now.... :)

Hang in there witht he dealer thing. It took me 8 hours to buy my LGT and get the price I wanted (which was, ironically, the price they were advertising for crying out loud! I guess they didn't want my POS Camry for a trade :p )

Believe me, it is worth it. Before the Camry debacle, I had a Trans Am and then a 323i. This blows 'em both away. The new 330i sounds like a beast, but I can do a whole lot of upgrades with the $15K I saved!

Enjoy!

Archived