LegacyGT.com

Stock sway bar sizes

roundthirteen

Hey Underdog, keeping of the SB knowledge... do you know stock sizes on the 2013s? I just got a Premium and while I'd like to upgrade all the info I can find is that Subaru upgraded them in 2013 but nothing indicating to what diameters.

:lol: I'm gonna just leave that alone... :lol:

:p

I believe that is correct for the 2013. I have a 2012 which came OE with 23 front and 16 rear. I just put a Whiteline 22mm on the rear and the difference is more than dramatic, it's phenominal!!!!

I haven't looked much into this since I did my OBS in '03. Did you also do end links? What is the stock LGT bar?

If you are looking for a bigger rear, cheap, I think you can get a 19mm from a 2010-2012 Subaru Outback that will fit the 2013 Legacy. I seem to recall that they cost about $75 new from Subaru.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/19mm-rear-sway-bar-install-pics-148945.html

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/official-5th-generation-suspension-thread-163275.html?p=3551221&highlight=19mm

I went 16 to 22 on mine and I would say that it is still pretty neutral, although its only been a few days, haven't been on a track or autox yet, and am not really into pushing it to the point of accidentally wrecking my car. It feels very good and I still got a little push yesterday on an off-camber left hand turn at a T intersection.

21mm front, 16mm rear.

The most common upgrade is the Whiteline swaybar set, 22mm front and 20mm rear. The rear bar makes the most dramatic difference. Be sure to pair them with a good set of end links and mounting bracket.

Let me know if I can quote a set for you. :)

Are endlinks recommended for all four corners, or just the rear?

I wouldn't spend my money on end link bling. I am just gonna wear out the stockers and probably replace with stockers when the time comes unless I find I am going through them quickly or there is evidence of failure.

I wouldn't spend my money on end link bling. I am just gonna wear out the stockers and probably replace with stockers when the time comes unless I find I am going through them quickly or there is evidence of failure.

I changed the front end links when I replaced the front struts because I had one going bad, just put Moogs on there for now. I heard if you change the rear sway bar on a lowered car there are a few brands of end links that work better than others.

My car's not a sleeper it's a hibernator.

http://pure-tuning.com

I changed the front end links when I replaced the front struts because I had one going bad, just put Moogs on there for now. I heard if you change the rear sway bar on a lowered car there are a few brands of end links that work better than others.

Yes, I suppose there are different lengths and they change the geometry a little bit.

Archived