LegacyGT.com

09 3.0R Outback Wagon

oclvframe

I realize that the subaruoutback.org would be a more suitable spot to ask this but I figured the more places I ask the better info I might get.

I currently have two Outbacks: 01 LLBean w/234Kmi pretty much stock, and, 05 OBXT 5mt w/65Kmi with LGT spec Tokico HTS struts and Swift springs and 18" TSWs and 225/50-18 Michelin Super Sports.

I love both vehicles but have decided that I want to replace the OBXT with an 09 3.0R Limited. My concern with the 09 wagon is the rear suspension. The factory suspension on the 05 was scary to say the least. Was anything corrected in that regard from 05 to 09? I would want the keep the 09 at stock height and would prefer to not sink a whole lot of extra money on top of the purchase price for it. So, can anyone here comment on the 09 OB suspension? Does it have the same underdamped rear struts that have been the source of all the 'ghost-walk' stories and such?

Any info and guidance would be greatly appreciated!

-r

Thanks to everyone for all the awesome feedback. I took a chance and bought a used 09 3.0R Limited/Nav. All I can say is: It's nothing like my 05 OBXT. It is a little softer than my 01 but nowhere near as floaty as the XT was stock.

-r

Archived