1998 Legacy Outback Automatic
Hoping for a finger in the right direction here.
- After a failed jump start my Legacy's starter won't engage, turning the key to start does nothing other than tripping some relays.
- Moving the shifter from park to neutral doesn't resolve the problem.
- The battery is charged and has good connections
- I can 'hot wire' the starter solenoid with the ignition on and the car will start, so the starter itself is fine.
- The fusible link was broken too, but I soldered that back to being functional.
- The car has the keyless security system, I've tried resetting this to no avail.
- Not sure this is related but my power door lock fuse is blown and as soon as I put a fuse in, it blows (20 amp). I only mention this because it just happened at the same time of the failed jump start.
I'm thinking maybe the starter interlock relay (looking at a schematic) but I'm not sure how to identify it.
Any help is appreciated thanks!