LegacyGT.com

windshield washer spray lost it's ummphf

c-lo

can't find anyone on here with this issue.

my windshield sprayers are on hitting the bottom of my windshield. there's no more "jet" spray. only way to clean my glass is when I get going fast it sprays the fluid up on the window.

what should I be replacing?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

no. just regular fluid and it's 60 deg today no. think it's the pump.

easy to replace?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I have a different problem. On my 1998 Outback (automatic) wagon, when I accelerate... the fluid squirts out of the rear washer sprayer. On my 1998 Outback (manual) wagon, when I accelerate... everything is normal. Is there a check valve somewhere in the line?

my windshield sprayers are on hitting the bottom of my windshield. there's no more "jet" spray. only way to clean my glass is when I get going fast it sprays the fluid up on the window.

Pull the hose apart at each connection point and check for pressure. If you get to the pump and it has low pressure then replace it, it's not that expensive. If the pump has good pressure it can be a bad or clogged line, fitting, or spray nozzle.

C-Lo ... I had to change both of my nozzles on my '98 for the same reason. Tried to straighten and clean them periodically for years. The OEM nozzle assemblies are relatively cheap ... ordered them through the eParts site of my local dealership. I think I paid $40 for both.

The assembly comes with the nozzle and a length of tubing ... shorter on the driver side, longer for the passenger side.

They work flawlessly now. Should have replaced them years ago.

Rockauto.com has replacement pumps. The factory pump is located at the bottom of the resevoir and is held in place by a rubber grommet (in the hole of the resevoir). It is a pretty easy fix.

Archived