So on Saturday, Dave and I installed my new BNR 16G turbo. As I mentioned before we had some issues with the coolant lines not matching up and needing to make some adjustments to make everything fit good. Here are a couple pics of what I am referring to. Just by looking at the two without the tape measure, one can tell they aren't the same distance apart. Now, all we had to do was cut that small bracket holding the two halves together....buuuut....once we did that, the inlet/outlet holes matched up of course and the lines didn't exactly wrap around the turbo. They hit the casting near the compressor outlet (forgot to grab pics as we were too frustrated
) and we had to bend them a few times to get them to line up as they should....
Then when we were dropping the turbo into place on the up pipe, since the coolant lines weren't exactly in the spots they needed to have been they gave us a lot of trouble just getting it on the threaded studs. Took almost 90min to get it on the up pipe
On another note, not a big issue, just kinda lazy of BNR was they didn't install the threaded studs on the down pipe exhaust side of the turbo. They were included, but we had to put them on, which took a little bit but we got it done.
For one who doesn't know how to do ANY of the turbo installation yourself, it would have been nice of BNR to include a little bit of instruction/direction of what needs to be swapped from the old turbo to the new (granted, this is IF you don't get the new hardware with the new turbo). I mean, even someone who doesn't know how to put the studs on would be thrown through a loop... Like me....luckily Dave is a genius and was there to save the day of turbo installation....which because of all these setbacks took roughly 10 hours in total...don't even get me started on my own experience with my damn fuel pump swap....ugh...anyway, here are some pics of the turbos, enjoy... New vs old. VF40 vs BNR16G. yuck vs yum.