So remember I told you that I got around to fixing this issue? Well no, it isn't fixed
The picture below shows the cause of the problem and by the time you realize that it is TOO LATE
So this whole time I figured the pipe is off the air isnt going to the right place and the system was telling me to fix it. What I failed to realize was that the pipe had been off the entire time I have owned this car (7 months). in the less humid months it wasnt a problem. But 3 weeks ago this mist/rainy/blowing rain storm hit NoVA/DC and sat down on the city for a whole day. I dont drive my car much, this storm was one of 4 that week of a blowing nature. So I read this thread P2431 and P2433 FAIL Thread
it clicked so hard my whole world imploded
The connection from the pipe to the solenoid was open during this time allowing the moisture to get in there and kick ass. If i had driven my car during the week it probably would have blew the moisture out and kept things dry.
First fix is to find an operational driver side valve and swap it out. I know many folks say this is a useless fix and that its a waste. My goal to keep the car STOCK and after reviewing the design I think it may be isolated to the LH valve.
In my case the red artwork shows the connection that was aloose and allowed the moisture in the system. If you notice the passenger side duct connects to the driver side via odd junction and runs uphill to the other valve. I am hoping the mositure didnt travel up to the other valve and simply affected the LH valve.
If that doesnt work ill pull the relays and fuse and have a map made that is void of "Secondary Air Pump Assembly". The valves are closed which is great b/c if they get stuck open you have no choice but to block them off.
The passenger is the PITA you will have to remove:
-drain coolant and remove hard cross-pipe
-various small lines and things
So I will avoid that option at all costs. Wil update once I find a driver side valve, if you have one or know where one is let me know.