LegacyGT.com

shave header heat shield points?

I know it's kind of late now, what other mods do you have that made you want to pnp the header ?

Have you read about the +/- of doing that over on NASIOC ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I know it's kind of late now, what other mods do you have that made you want to pnp the header ?

Have you read about the +/- of doing that over on NASIOC ?

Access port, Catless Perrin up pipe, 3" catless down pipe, fms cat back, 3" Perrin turbo inlet, Spt intake, Perrin top mount intercooler with Perrin bpv, stage 2 clutch with lightweight flywheel other suspension bits and Sti center gauges and tons of mounts and bushings and Sway bars about to go on. So headers were really the only bolt on left since I don't have money for turbo yet. And no haven't read pros and cons...I'll have to look.

It's something about you don't want to open up the headed, it will decrease the speed of the flow.

The only porting should be done down around the valve pocket and in the divider area.

If you have all the race parts and make big HP then exhaust porting may do some good.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Hmm that's weird, BC I searched and see that some people say it did hurt low end but then most said it actually helps low end BC it gets rid of most of the reversal effect of the flow causing quicker spool and torque and then others said it helps high end lol ugh I which we could find some before and after dyno runs or something

Archived