a) BlendMount Radar Detector Mount (awesome product, solid detector mount, no vibrations)
b) Direct wire SmartCord (comes with vampire tap and zip ties)
c) Bussmann BP/HHH ATM Add-A Fuse Fuse tap
d) 2x 10A Mini Fuse (low profile mini fuse will not fit into the fuse tap)
1. Follow instructions that comes with the mount and install it, pretty simple. [Figure 1]
2. Remove side and under panels below the steering wheel .
3. Ground the SmartCord ground wire to the bolt (10mm). [Figure 2]
4. Connect the vampire tap to the fuse tap wire and connect SmartCord’s wire to the vampire tap. [Figure 3]
5. Connect the 10A mini fuse to the fuse tap. [Figure 4]
6. Follow the driver side fuse cover’s map to locate [CIGAR] 10A fuse, remove it and connect the fuse tap. [Figure 4]
7. Connect radar detector, turn ignition to ON to test it. [Figure 5]
8. Zip tie SmartCord RD wires to mirror’s wires. [Figure 6]
9. Remove the plastic mirror wire cover and hide the RD wire behind it. [Figure 6]
10. Tuck wire into the roof coverings all the way to the A pillar. [Figure 7]
11. Follow [Figure 8], tuck the wire into the A pillar cover and down to the under panels.
12. After following all the wires into the under panel, refer to [Figure 9] for the location of placing the SmartCord’s mute/warning controller. Zip tie the rest of the wires in the under panel, put everything back together and you’re done!