Want to first say thanks for such a great site! I've browsed for a few hours and have found a TON of helpful hints!!!
Now to my question: Wife has a 2008 Subaru Legacy 2.5i SOHC. Nothing fancy here, she bought it new and yea, I tried, she wouldn't go with the turbo...
Anyways, she loves this damn car! And now since she hit 130K, and refuses to get rid of it, it's time for major maintenance.
Now, here's what I've already done:
- rear wheel bearings
- a/c and alt accessory belts
Here's my "to do" list for the spring:
- timing belt
- spark plugs
-ignition coil packs (dunno if they are necessary)
Hopefully you can help with some of my questions:
- I can find rear strut mounts, but can't find front ones?! I've always changed mount plates when doing struts, anyone have any part #'s or suggestions?
- A couple different timing sets available, gates is the cheapest. Any manufacturer I should stay away from for any reason?
- Any suggestions for struts? The gr-2's price is right, and she's not doing any Auto-X that I know of! LOL
- anything else I should be looking to replace or change? Still a daily driver.
I appreciate any advice you can give! Thanks!