LegacyGT.com

Windshield washer doesn't work

The windshield washer on my 2005 LGT Wagon stopped working. Rear window washer is fine. Temps way above freezing, lots of fluid.

- No sound at all.

- Wipers start when pulling back on the washer lever (as they should) but stop immediately after releasing the washer lever instead of remaining on for a few wipes after releasing (which they do when the washer is working).

For sure I should have checked the fuse first, before posting here. I'll do it tomorrow in the daylight.

The manual lists the fuse (30) for the "Front wiper washer", so I assume that's it.

It also lists fuses (4 & 9) for the "Front wiper deicer relay" and "Front wiper deicer". What's a "Front wiper deicer"? I couldn't find any other references in the manual for "deicer".

Start at the beginning and check fuse.

Were they optional equipment? How do you know if you have them?

Standard equipment on the LGT basic (not "limited") edition. I'm not sure about the "i" Legacy.

I would put 12 volt power to the pump and see if it sprays fluid. I'm not sure of the pump location but it should be at the bottom of the reservoir tank.

Thanks! You are absolutely right. I guess it had been so long since I used the windshield washer that I forgot that the end-button was the control. But the "Pull Mist" label on the base of the wiper stalk is misleading because there is no mist at all, just the wiper. I guess it means to use that in case of a mist condition outside, not to create a mist which is how I read it.

Everything is fine in windshield washer land...

Not sure for the wagon but if you pull on the lever it's a mist wipe and the button on the end is for the washer on the sedan

Archived