I used to autocross this car a year or so ago and now am co-driving an 04 STi in Solo STU class sponsored by TurninConcepts and a few other companies which I'm extremely grateful for. Super fun.
So I get stuck with this car. It was pretty much totaled 1.5 years ago and I almost sold it. It's turned into a daily driver that I'd like to think I will never get rid of. The goal is sort of a mix between a fun stoplight to stoplight and highway roller. Reliability would be nice but I'll eventually get another car.
- Stock 120k motor
- OG FP Green 8cm2 ----> Kinugawa TD06 20G SL2
- AP 3" hard inlet
- GFB bypass valve set to full recirc
- Five0 Motorsports 850cc sidefeeds - these idle like shit, will eventually go to ID1000's
- 8mm Phenolic spacers
- Grimmspeed 3port EBCS
- NYFB (local guy) TGV deletes
- 83mm Perrin Big MAF
- Fast Motorsports FMIC
- CNT Catless downpipe
- Unknown Uppipe
- Invidia quad tip catback
Getting tuned by Corbin at Johnsontuning.com on only 93oct. Had issues with the MAF being bad or reaaaallly dirty. Will be finishing tune up in two weeks with either a fixed MAF or SD setup. Currently at 17#, mild timing making 290whp without much AVCS work. Spool is around 4200 in 3rd gear but this will be really improved.
- 5 speed
- South Bend Stg IIHD clutch
- Group N Trans mount
- Kartboy STS and bushings
- Koni Yellow Inserts
- Swift Springs
- Perrin 22/25mm F/R Swaybars
- Whiteline endlinks on front/stock on rear
- MSI Camber plates -----> stock/group N style mounts ASAP
- Summer - Rota DPT 17x9 +42 with 245/40 Starspec ZI's
- Winter - Kosei something's 17x7 +55 with 225/50 Hankook Ice Bears
- Stock brakes
- Prosport Boost Gauge
- AEM Wideband
- Leptronix Aux-in kit
- Recaro babyseat :banana:
- DDM tuning 5k HID's
Parts to install
- Whiteline Lower control arm bushings
- Whiteline rear camber bushings
- Whiteline rear endlinks
- TiC exhaust hangers, these things are hard to install
- Centric rotors/Hawk HPS pads
- Long ratio SpecB/07 STi 6 speed
- Powdercoat/paint wheels silver
- MPS/TiC Built motor - potentially long rod 2.5L
- Borg Warner Sx200-56 or larger
- Make my own rotated kit with possibly TS or at least EL headers
- Matching Recaro's up front
- Maybe coilovers if these Koni's blow.
- Front lip?
Pictures til now.
Subaru Challenge Aug 2012
Picture of wreck. Oct 2012
FMS FMIC install
On temporary wheels for fun
Current look of the car
Kinugawa turbo arrived 4/30/13
I'll keep this updated with virtual dyno plots/tune results and other things.
The car I run in Solo. Placed second behind my codriver in the Peru National Tour last weekend. http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gd-membe...c-jrz-ftw.html