LegacyGT.com

only thing i can think it can be is oil. Use your access port or go to a local advance auto parts or auto zone and report back to us with the code. Drive it slow and careful to and from getting the code read.
I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

I just checked the oil, and its perfictly fine. Moved the car up and didnt see anymore drips. I'm baffled! I smelled the drops in the snow and it smells like oil. But its not dripping anything anymore

again touch and check the undertray, oil doesnt just leak out unless there is a hole in the pan, the plug or filter is loose. Get the CEL read and report back

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

I'm sure you already know this... the check engine light (or "replace engine light") in our cars *can* be extremely urgent sometimes. I probably wouldn't drive it until I found out what the codes are.

As for the drops in the snow, it *could* be simply condensation from the exhaust, but yeah it definitely warrants a lot of investigation.

BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

drops from the exhaust would not and should not smell or feel like oil. IF the CEL was doing anything harmful it would flash not stay on constant.

unless you have a Cobb AP or a scan tool you have to drive it to get the code read.

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

Well i guess my car heals itself! Tood it to auto zone, and on the way the check engine light comes off and my cruse is reactivated. Ran for codes, nothing. Ran it up on a ramp, No sign of leaks, oil, or ANYTHING anywhere......I dont get it!

Take it to a reputable shop ASAP.

The CEL is most likely from you spinning your wheels. It happened to my own car two years ago in heavy snow when I was stuck and I searched thoroughly on this site and that's what I found. As far as the oil, you should really look into that more.

I'm sure you already know this... the check engine light (or "replace engine light") in our cars *can* be extremely urgent sometimes. I probably wouldn't drive it until I found out what the codes are.

As for the drops in the snow, it *could* be simply condensation from the exhaust, but yeah it definitely warrants a lot of investigation.

the replace engine light is the oil light, not the check engine light....

the replace engine light is the oil light, not the check engine light....

oh yeah, oil light definitely = replace engine light

but there could *also* be an argument for the check engine light = replace engine light. for example, check engine light for a P0011 could be a sign of impending doom with low oil pressure to the turbo. then the dominos are falling.

BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

Archived