LegacyGT.com

2009 banjo bolt question

Greetings Gearheads,

Consider this my introduction: I am the proud 2nd owner of a 2009 LGT in Telluride, CO.

First let me thank you for all the great info. I have been researching extensively before buying a LGT and the info here led me to a car that I look forward to loving for many years.

Naturally the first thing I would like to do is ensure that my turbo lasts as many years. Just when I thought I had a handle on the banjo filter issue (I was just about to order the infamous filter kit) I wondered when subaru may have fixed this problem.

My apologies to the dead horse I'm about to kick, but please shed some light on the 2009 banjo bolt update. All I found was a post by bmx045 stating that "1. 09 lgt's don't have a banjo bolt filter from the factory" in a thread about oil.

What changed and what should I do for this beautiful car with 78k miles to make it last another 200k? Any reasons not to use Motul Synthetic or Import Auto Clinic in Montrose, CO? I've crossed Mobil1 off the list.

Thanks again for the wisdom!

Fletcher

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure after 2006 (or 2007) the banjo bolts leading to the turbo were removed due to the clogging/ oil starvation issues. I believe they also revised the suggested OCI due to oil issues. check the turbo subforum.

Archived