Year, Make and Model: 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Sedan – Non Limited Color: Regal Blue Pearl Miles: 59,200 Transmission: 5 Speed Manual Title: clear Lien: no liens Location: Indianapolis VIN: 4S3BL686756209106 Seller's email address: dannyphillips15 AT gmail.com Asking Price: $11,000
Considering selling my 2005 Legacy GT ~ $11,000(open to offers), or trade for a 02-08 Forester XT in good shape. I've got a mental block about crossing the 60k mark on the odometer, (not sure why.. just seems like a major mileage hurdle) - so I've pretty much stopped driving it in favor of my already high mileage RS, or my wife's Kia that I dont really care if we rack up miles on. I dont really want to sell it - but I also really want a Forester XT, and I'm not willing to part with my RS right now and I can only justify so many toys at once.
Asking Price: $11,000 (Open to offers) - Or trade on a Forester XT of equal or lesser value.
Title: I am the first and only owner of this car, bought it new in 2005. No liens, title in hand.
Mileage: 59,200 and slowly creeping up, I drive it about once / twice per week.
Color: Regal Blue Pearl / Charcoal interior
- UN-limited (cloth seats / No sunroof)
- STi short throw
- STi pedals
- Momo steering wheel
- Momo shift knob
- all weather mats
- heated seats
- dual zone climate control
- 20mm JDM rear sway bar
- Ion performance springs (I have saggy butt spacers that I have not yet installed)
- Perrin catless downpipe
- SPT v2 exhaust (sounds really nice)
- Prosport boost gauge
- DBA 4000 rotors (less than 4000 miles on these)
- Hawk HPS pads (also less than 4000 miles)
- Currently running a basic Cobb Stage 2 tune (93 octane) - will include Cobb accessport.
- Kazera 18x7.5 wheel, with brand new Continental DWS's or 17x7.5 Rota's with new DWS's
- Subaru trailer hitch (was going to use it to tow my motorcycle, but then I sold my bike)
- AUX in mod for stereo
- JDM sport grill
- Cleared / blacked out headlights
- de badged, except for an "L7" emblem on the rear
- Synthetic oil (Rotella) every 4-5 months or 3k, which ever came first
- Subaru Extra-S front and rear diff at 30k and again at 58k
- Coolant flushed at 58k
- Either ATE super blue or AP600 (Cant remember which car got which fluid)
- (not a fluid, but..) Relatively new battery: replaced last winter
Other good stuff:
My Legacy has never given me any trouble, runs great with no issues. Zero rust. All maintenance has been done, I've really tried to take care of this car as I had intended to pretty much keep it forever. Drives exceptionally well, steering is very crisp, car handles great, plenty fast, lots of fun. Except for the occasional autocross the car gets babied, never abused.
Clutch is showing no signs of slippage, no engine codes, no funny noises (minus the standard subaru dash rattle), no funny smells (Non smoker), no rust, original glass, all recals up to date, AC blows cold, heated seats get stupid hot.
Some bad stuff:
The car is 8 years old, its been with me through 4 houses, getting married, moving from virginia, having a son, etc.. I've tried to keep it clean and take care of it, but - it is definitely not in mint condition. I'd rate it somewhere in the fair to good range becuase cosmetically the car does have a few scratches, dings, and scrapes.
- It was involved in a minor fender bender and has some light marks on the passenger rear quarter and gas filler area. Looking back I wished I had fixed it, but honestly its minor.
- Front passenger fender liner got torn up during autocross due to swallowing a cone. It's held in place now with zip ties, could be replaced for about $70 dollars.
- Speaking of autocross, thier are some other cone related scratches and scuffs along the front bumper
- A minor chip from highway driving on the hood
- 2 small 4 year food old related stains on the seats
- The dashboard 'cubby' is kind of torn up at the moment - I am half way through a 7" tablet install that is likely to remain at 50% complete (lost interest in the project after stopped driving the car a few months ago). I have ordered a new cubby bezel and should have it replaced within the next week or so.
I'm dropping the car off to get it cleaned up and detailed tomorrow - and I'm hoping that with a decent buffing a lot of the exterior scuffs actually come out and the stains will come out. Will update with results.
If the car were in mint condition still, I'd probably be hoping to get another grand out of it, but as it sits today I think it should be a pretty good deal for someone looking to get into a very nice car.
I'll get more pictures up later:
Thanks for looking!
Just added some new pictures - just dropped the car off at the detailers - so imagine the car with zero dirt inside or out in these pictures.
Last edited by rallispec; 12-22-2012 at 03:04 PM..