LegacyGT.com

Subaru 4 Pots on GT?

jikhead

With the exception of better pedal modulation/feel/response, it is a downgrade! The rotors are considerably smaller & thinner. Read much less mass to absorb heat, which is what your brakes do.

Like Inthedeck mentioned, pickup up STI Brembo's, or good aftermarket stuff like Stoptech, Ap Racing, Alcon, Brembo GT's....

I have the STI Brembo's, and I love them! Simply awesome stopping power, and I can do it repeatedly without issues.

where can you buy the STi Brembo's and how much do the fronts run??

You can buy them used, for anywhere from $700-850, the current going rate. OR you can buy them NEW for about $1350, and they would include slotted/drilled rotors + better pads + ss lines.

I bought my set used, and I bought 2pc rotors, along with Ferodo ds2500 pads & ss lines. I basically paid the same as I would have NEW, but I have superior rotors/pads!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have been looking for aftermarket front rotors(stock size) for the LGT 05 and have been unsuccesful to date. I have checked Brembos, Racing Brakes ....etc. with no luck. The stock size, I believe, is 316mm x 30mm.
"Remember..."MODDING is a HOBBY:icon_bigg, not a BAAAD HABIT";) .

Everyone are talking about upgrading to bigger brakes. What about a bigger master cylinder ?

You would need a bigger master if you wanted to push a greater amount of fluid thru the system with less pedal stroke. I'm running STI Brembo's and if I even look at the brake pedal the car reacts! Seriously, I just nudge the pedal with my big toe, and the car is stopping right now!

I don't think we need one. I'm not a professional, just relying upon my personal experience.

• 2 months later...

Archived