LegacyGT.com

North Shore or nearby MA for a hand with SS install?

aac0036

Does anybody from MA (preferably the North Shore or not too far from it) have a pair of snap ring pliers? Apparently the tool is recommended for use to install the Kartboy SS when you have to remove the ring, and I don't have a pair. I don't really want to invest in them because it wouldn't be worthwhile at this point for me. Install seems straightforward enough, and I also have to put in the new shortened shift boot from Redline while I'm at it. It would just be nice if anybody had experience/time and had those pliers to offer a hand. I've read the instructions.

Appreciate it!

Andrew

Does anybody from MA (preferably the North Shore or not too far from it) have a pair of snap ring pliers? Apparently the tool is recommended for use to install the Kartboy SS when you have to remove the ring, and I don't have a pair. I don't really want to invest in them because it wouldn't be worthwhile at this point for me. Install seems straightforward enough, and I also have to put in the new shortened shift boot from Redline while I'm at it. It would just be nice if anybody had experience/time and had those pliers to offer a hand. I've read the instructions.

Appreciate it!

Andrew

i have the pliers you need and i'm in Lynn. i can offer you an hour, maybe two tops but have a lot going this weekend with the fiasco errrr thanksgiving. shoot me a PM about the help.

otherwise, you can borrow the pliers, i'll know who you are if you don't bring them back. :lol:

i did my cobb short throw shifter and bushings using ramps. the rear bushing was a pain in the ass. very tedious work. but i'm a stubborn bastard.

/\__/\

(='.'=) This is Cat. Copy and paste Cat

(")_(") to help him gain world domination.

have a lot going this weekend with the fiasco errrr thanksgiving

Oh don't worry about it, it isn't even here yet and I wouldn't want to do it over this weekend anyways. Thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind for when it gets here.

ok man, let me know. trust me when i tell you the pliers are the least of your worries. :lol:

ETA: do you have jack stands or ramps?

/\__/\

I have 2 jack stands but I'm not installing any bushings, just an SS kit. I think it would work out best if I borrowed the pliers since I have an odd schedule. The SS came today but will be working on it next week. Will keep in touch, thanks again.

Gee, that's awfully nice of you :)

I'm not free all day Mondays thru Wednesdays, nor Thursday mornings.

I don't quite need garage to put in a SS, but I'm trying to clean mine out so I can jack up the car and remove/refinish my wheels!

hey, i keep forgetting to check in here. -as i don't own a legacy no' mo' LOL.

try the e-mail function if you want to borrow my ramps since you have the pliers. i have other tools too.

not sure about the shift boot on the Leggy because i recall mine (it was a 2012 premium) having the electronic parking brake.

if the 07 is anything like the WRX, it's easy to remove.

-lastly, anyone can correct me if i'm wrong, but changing the shifter alone is not worth it. YMMV. the bushings make it THAT much better.

i did my bushings first because i wanted to make sure i could finish the job.

anywho, lemme know. PM, post, but e-mail works best. LOL

i'll double check that i can get e-mail notices of PM's.

/\__/\

Archived