The good news, after 20K the ACT clutch w/ Streetlite flywheel has finally stopped chattering on launch. The bad news, now the clutch has started to slip. Actually, that's good news too. I hate this POS clutch / flywheel combo and can't wait to be rid of it. It's been a vague knife edge between choppy and slipping, then smoking and stinking...a complete let down from the start. Please help, I'm looking for life after ACT for my stage II+ LGT wagon.
First, it's not all hate. Things I don't mind about my current ACT setup:
1) The increase in pedal pressure. Stock is too soft IMHO.
2) Other than off the line, I really enjoy the light flywheel.
3) Yellow color matches the dipstick and the ACT in my Miata (which has no issues.)
Questions for the experts:
1) Other posts seem to indicate that all light flywheels are going to chatter to some degree on street driven LGTs?
2) If true, can something like this "TSK3"
giblet realistically do anything to mute it?
3) Can I run a different brand clutch with the ACT Streetlight flywheel?
4) Do over. Money no object. What brand, what "stage", what flywheel would you put in a street driven LGT with no plans to go beyond 350 ftlbs of twist at the wheels.
Vendors, PM me, sell me. I'm going to buy something.
Thanks for your help,
EDIT: Sorry, just saw the other similar clutch thread. The only real difference for me is an existing ACT Streetlite flywheel. Do I have to pitch it to go with another brand or OEM?