LegacyGT.com

Can't Get Intrument Cluster Lens Clean

I recently bought a 2006 LGT from an owner who didn't seem to care about the "little things" on the car such as general cleanliness.

I immediately had the interior of the car detailed, but much to my dismay, the fine mist of dried mucus, etc (gross!) that had accrued over time and baked in the hot Texas sun onto the gauge panel lens simply will not come off! I have tried several different types of glass cleaners, goo gone, and a non-abrasive sponge to remove it with no luck. Can anyone suggest something that might work?

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d35/maxitech/IMG_1385.jpg

Sometimes things are just plain ruined and need to be replaced. If it isn't coming off, then it isn't coming off. It sounds like you've tried pretty much everything that is safe for that lens. Using anything more abrasive is going to scratch the hell out of it and render it even more damaged. I'm sure you could replace that entire cluster for less than a hundred bucks on ebay. The beauty of digital gauge pods is that they are much easier to just replace with another. Your mileage isn't stored in the pod itself, so replacing it should be pretty simple and won't mess anything up.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

Archived