COBB Tuning is proud to announce the latest updates for the Subaru AccessPORT and AccessTUNER suite of engine management tools. In addition to the exciting news of our Subaru 2.0L Speed Density support, this release also includes support for the 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5GT
, a new data logging and Live Data monitor for all Subaru AccessPORTs, and significant AccessTUNER
enhancements across all supported Subaru vehicles. Read on to learn more about these exciting new updates and how COBB Tuning is keeping the AccessPORT at the forefront of Subaru engine management!
- 2010 2.5GT: USDM 2010 Impreza 2.5GT is now supported and has been added to AP-SUB-003. The firmware includes Stage1 and Stage2 performance maps and Non-Performance maps including Economy Mode, Valet Mode and Anti-Theft Mode. These maps are also available for download from the Subaru AccessPORT Off-The-Shelf Map Database.
- Inj. PW (No Lat): The Inj. PW (No Lat) monitor was added to the firmware. This is a version of injector pulse width without injector latency and with higher precision. See software changes in next section for more details.
- Inj. PW (w/Lat): The existing Inj. Pulse Width monitor name was changed to Inj. PW (w/ Lat). This was necessary to distinguish between this monitor and the new Inj. PW (No Lat) monitor described above.
- Existing AP-SUB-003 AccessPORTs can be updated to support the 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5GT and all Subaru AccessPORTs can be updated to include the new Inj. PS (No Lat) monitor quickly and easily via a firmware update. If you are unfamiliar with the AccessPORT firmware update process, follow this Step-By-Step AccessPORT Firmware Update Guide. This is a general release firmware and there is no reason to update to beta firmware.
- Primary Open Loop Fueling Max. Enrichment (Intake Temp)(SUB-001 ONLY): This allows for removing/tuning a newly discovered rich limit to primary open loop fueling based on intake temperature.
- Fuel Injector Trim (Small IPW)(ALL SUB-002 and SUB-003): These tables govern a compensation to the final injector pulse width based on the currently calculated pulse width (when low). The factory compensation can be problematic for large aftermarket injectors and tuning this table can help with the idle issues that result.
- SI-DRIVE Intelligent to Sport Mode Override (08-12 STI ONLY): These tables govern an automatic switching from intelligent SI-DRIVE mode to Sport when the accelerator pedal is held at or above the stated threshold for the period of time determined by the delay. Tuning these tables will allow you to manipulate this behavior or remove it entirely.
- Rear O2 Sensor Related Closed Loop Fueling Correction Factors (ALL SUB-002 and SUB-003): The two table groups below (one or the other, used depending on ECU) allow you to tune the effects of the rear O2 sensor on fueling. This current release adds the tables to the non-SD 2.5L ECUs (previously already added to SD 2.5L ECUs).
- Idle Airflow Min. Target Decel. Ramping Adder The two tables below (in addition to the other existing tables already in this category) could potentially be useful for tuning idle airflow decel behavior (on cars with aftermarket cams, for example). This current release adds the tables to the non-SD 2.5L ECUs (previously already added to SD 2.5L ECUs).
- Target Throttle Angles (Idle Airflow Target) (ALL SUB-002 and SUB-003): The two table groups below (one or the other, depending on ECU), allow you to manipulate the resulting idle-based target throttle angle adder. This could be potentially useful for cars with aftermarket cams, for example. This current release adds the tables to the non-SD 2.5L ECUs (previously already added to SD 2.5L ECUs).
- Inj. #1 Pulse Width (No Latency):The Inj. #1 Pulse Width (No Latency) monitor was added to AccessTUNER. This is a version of injector pulse width without injector latency and with higher precision. This was necessary because some of the table values, such as Fuel Injector Pulse Width Limit (Min), referenced injector pulse width without latency, which made it confusing to tuners that could only monitor the standard injector pulse width, which includes latency. This original monitor was renamed Inj. #1 Pulse Width (With Latency).
- Key-On DAM Reset Toggle (10-12 Legacy GT only): The 10-12 LGT have unique logic that resets the DAM to its initial value on every key-on. Unchecking this toggle and reflashing the map will prevent this from happening.
- Neutral Position Switch Invert and Fuel Pump Fault Detection Toggle (SUB-001 ONLY): Some manual transmission swaps require that the neutral position switch determination by the ECU be inverted. This can now be accomplished for the 2.0L ECU (both SD and non-SD) by unchecking the new Neutral Position Switch Invert (MT) toggle (requires map to be reflashed).
Additionally, a new toggle has been added to disable (when unchecked) the Fuel Pump P0230 Fault Detection. This may be necessary with certain aftermarket fuel pump installs. Also requires that the map be reflashed.
- Some minor table name and unit name changes for clarity and/or consistency.
- Some additional table sub-groups added to better organize groups with large numbers of tables or to better group tables with similar but distinct functionality.
- (SUB-002 and SUB-003 non-SD): Lowered the maximum MAF Calibration table airflow value from 2000 g/s to 1000 g/s, to allow for better graphing of this table.
- Some other minor changes to min or max table values.
- (SUB-002 and SUB-003): MAP Sensor Calibration (Offset/Multiplier) table split into two separate tables.
- Update Existing Software: To update your existing Subaru AccessTUNER Pro or Race software, simply select Help > Updates > Check For Updates. Make sure the Beta Software box is unchecked. Follow on-screen instructions.
- Download New Software: If you do not have a copy of AccessTUNER Race software, or your older version of AccessTUNER Race does not have the Auto-Update feature, please visit the Subaru AccessTUNER Race product page, click on the AccessTUNER Race Download Request Form link, and fill out the form in its entirety. You will receive an email shortly that contains a link to download your free copy of AccessTUNER Race. If you do not see an email from COBB Tuning in your inbox within one hour, be sure to check your Spam or Junk mail folder to see if the email was redirected.
As always, if you have any questions about the AccessPORT, AccessTUNER, or any other COBB Tuning products, please call us at 866-922-3059. Get up-to-date product announcements and COBB Tuning news via our COBB Tuning Mailing List
. You can always be a part of the latest conversations with COBB Tuning by tuning in to our our facebook.com/cobbtuning