LegacyGT.com

LED Light Bar Suggestions

Stang70Fastback

I'm kind of going the way of turning my Outback into a pseudo-utility-wagon. One of the things I've always wanted to do is add some flood lights to the roof of the car (in the style of Will Smith's Ford Expedition in the movie I Am Legend) so that I can light up the entire area around the car at night. At first, I was thinking a bunch of spot lights the way that Expedition had things set up, but now I'm thinking light bars would be a better option. In addition, I want them to be LED-powered, both for the reliability, the look, and most importantly, the low power draw.

I am trying to gauge how much a setup like this would cost. I've found all sorts of light bars online - everything from really cheap, dim, crappy wouldn't-last-five-minutes-on-a-car bars, to $3,000, four-foot-long, lifetime warranty, 30,000 lumen bars. Does anyone have any good recommendations for something, or even any better suggestions for such a setup? Thanks!

Rigid industries is one of the most reputable names in the LED industry. I currently have a set of them on my LGT. They aren't cheap but will provide great light. I would recommend their SR lights for the sides (SingleRow) and perhaps a 20 inch E series (dual row up front)

I have the Dually's they have 4 LEDs each and are bright as hell.... like blind people at night bright.

You could probably get away with 3 dually D2's (6 led's per light) on each side 2 on rear and a 10 or 20 inch bar in front. 4wheelparts had a 20% off deal i took advantage of.

Rigid industries is one of the most reputable names in the LED industry. I currently have a set of them on my LGT. They aren't cheap but will provide great light. I would recommend their SR lights for the sides (SingleRow) and perhaps a 20 inch E series (dual row up front)

I have the Dually's they have 4 LEDs each and are bright as hell.... like blind people at night bright.

You could probably get away with 3 dually D2's (6 led's per light) on each side 2 on rear and a 10 or 20 inch bar in front. 4wheelparts had a 20% off deal i took advantage of.

Pics @ night?

Archived