LegacyGT.com

CEL/ Power loss, semi-rough idle

Luv_a_Legacy

2005 OBP GT ltd. 5EAT i just bought about a month ago, and im not mechanically inclined towards these cars. So easy on the rough feedback, im just looking for help as tpo what may be wrong.

on my way home from work and i just had to have my car towed because i felt a huge power loss, and didn't want to chance it as to if i could make it home. I noticed this about 2 days ago and it got really bad this morning. I noticed a big power loss from take off at stop lights, and worse going up a hill. Almost as if my car wants to just die. and when i need to get on it, to merge, it has no giddy up. My EWG used to roar, and now sounds sorry. Also i feel like it shifts way late, and irregular. My rpms steadily go up but my car goes nowhere until the boost kicks in. the CEL flashed a few times this morning then stayed on. I havent got the chance to get to an autozone to run the codes, but would anyone have any ideas? Bad valves? Injectors? anything? Could it relate to the transmission? Sorry if these are stupid questions, but i gotta start somewhere. :confused:

MODS:

FMIC

Grimmspeed boost control solonoid

aftermarket turbo

K&N cold air intake

coilovers

few other minor things.

"aftermarket turbo" Sigh...

Intervention time:

You picked up a modded car and are not mechanically inclined :redface:

Your modded car started running poorly and you dept driving it :spin:

You are asking what it could be when you have a CEL that will tell you? :iam:

You are in way, way over your head.:mad:

Step 1: GET THAT CEL READ. We need to know what it is.

Step 2: START READING all the stickies in the tuning and turbo subforums

Step 3: order a cable and download software so your laptop can talk to your car

I suggest you find a local subaru tuner shop or post up in your local forum section and meet up with some local members. I hate to think you might toast your car because the previous owner was not kind enough to explain it all to you. Well... buyer beware.

THIS MAY NOT BE A PROJECT! This may have become a project due to continuing to drive it. I have no idea yet but hope the best. The CEL is going to tell you what is wrong with it. I do not want to speculate and get your hopes up or dash them to the ground. I have no idea the history or quality of the installs or tune on your vehicle and these can all make a tremendous difference.

The mistake you made wasnt buying the car you now love and want to fix, it was continuing to drive on the modded car when things were not running right. Its okay. You are here now and have not given up on the car at all. Mine has been in pieces more than a few times scratching my head. All fixes are do-able. You sound like a good guy. I am sure someone local can give you a hand or advice in person or refer you to a shop.

It could be something as simple as some bad gasoline and needed a reset of the ECU. This is not going to happen by unplugging the battery. You need a laptop to understand what your car is doing. This is not a honda and is sensitive to mods.

Start by educating yourself about your car and getting that CEL read.

understanding your mods

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/begin-modifications-your-legacy-gt-19037.html

how to talk to your car

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/complete-beginners-guide-e-tuning-vendor-and-vag-com-cable-158118.html

No i understand, I bit off a bit more than i can chew. But i love this car more than any other car ive ever rebuilt or driven. I hope that i can find someone in my area willing to help. so far, npo luck. theres a couple shops around here that ive found, one of which ive heard some bad things about. I'm trying to find things that will help, and last time i tried to read the CEL, it came up with no info. so im scratching my head on what i need to do. i read up and try to better understand what could be the cause of my issues.

http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/regional-forums-5.html

Post up in your local region. Make some friends. Get to know the guys. I dont even know where you are from because you did not fill out your info so I can't even suggest a regional shop. If you have a CEL, it can be read. If your CRUISE is flashing you have a cel.

I was on the forum with a stock car for a long time and felt over my head for a while with how different these cars respond to mods. I can imagine how it feels coming in with a modded car thats new to you. GL!

Some of my saga:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/lalgt-rebuild-thread-152682.html

Archived