LegacyGT.com

FP Green vs HTA 71?

I'm trying to decide which turbo to go with for my build. I'm looking for some insight into which I should choose. Between the FP Green or the HTA 71 there are some pretty significant differences between the two. I'm looking for anyone who might have experience with either turbo and what their comments, experiences, likes, dislikes, etc. are about either turbo.

Thanks

Looking to make some decent power. I like quick spool which I think would be more achievable with the hta because of the smaller inlet but what I read on the fp green is nothing but good. Im looking to support with FMS fmic, ID1000's, turbo inlet (size dependant), intake probably the ksintake, dw 65c, and exhaust. Looking into the gfb bov as well.

I like stage 2 but I'm ready for more power. I like to drive on the highway but sad truth its mostly city diving. I want to run the quarter next spring and the goal is low 13's high 12's

FP-GREEN-HTA.jpg.46006ecc17e58243a3791ca21f6e2a22.jpg

NTSUB71HTA_04.jpg.60fa64855a56e93dec2dd49a0b007d91.jpg

Priorities change when car parts come into the equation

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/new-bw-efr-turbos-coming-soon-through-fr-147277p12.html

In post 332 in that thread, you should contact Geoff at Full-Race. He makes great manifolds and may be able to help you out.

I have used his stuff in the past.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Might need to build you engine at those power levels. With E85 I am thinking around 360-400WHP. That a lot on the stock block.

Spool isn't going to be great. Probally around 4K, so 1k later than stage 2. Go with the forge bpv and the other tend to leak at high boost.

Might need to build you engine at those power levels. With E85 I am thinking around 360-400WHP. That a lot on the stock block.

Spool isn't going to be great. Probally around 4K, so 1k later than stage 2. Go with the forge bpv and the other tend to leak at high boost.

Seriously? 68HTA will make a charge at 400whp on E85.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Think I am shooting for 360-370 on a conservative tune is what I'm thinking

68HTA will do this no problem on E85

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

low 13/high 12 is achievable with stg2 vf52,16g or oem at stg2 with/without e85.

vf40 on e85 ran 12.7-12.9 not too long ago

Those turbos should be at least mid 12s if not quicker but depends on where you live and the elevation. 800ft here where I live

low 13/high 12 is achievable with stg2 vf52,16g or oem at stg2 with/without e85.

vf40 on e85 ran 12.7-12.9 not too long ago

Those turbos should be at least mid 12s if not quicker but depends on where you live and the elevation. 800ft here where I live

Yessir at 5280 feet is a disadvantage thus why the goal is high 12's on the 71 or green. I'm leaning towards the 71 because of the smaller turbo inlet. I heard the 3 inch inlet is tough to get in.

OP, you must be referring to the HTA green correct? Seeing as the original FP green went out of production some time back. Just ensure your researching the right graphs, info, ect. As the two are certainly different.

As for the 71HTA, not a whole lot of info has emerged just yet as this is still a very new turbo. As a matter of fact, last I read on our thread found here, FP has yet to deliver any for WRX/STi application, let alone LGT/08+WRX (if you plan on using some type of oem turbo location TMIC setup).

The mitsu guys have been playing around with it for a little already I believe, but I havnt really looked into it much. May want to check evolutionm.net for some info.

Agree with the first statement, wouldnt go beyond 350 imo on stock internals if your looking for any form of DD reliability. But obviously a big part of it is how you drive and how much you load that thing.

As for the bpv comment, I beg to differ. Forge is by no means the only quality piece on the market, my GFB hybrid sees upwards of 21psi peak with no leak and I prefer its tone over the forge. Not that thats all too important but you will have to live with the vent unless your going full recirc.

TXS or other junk brands of the like will almost certainly cause problems.

also instead of FMIC get PW TMIC, quicker spool less tubing

I feel like this is such a preconceived notion.

A while back one of our more "mathematical" members, John M, explained the physics behind the amount of time it takes to pressurize the short length of piping of an FMIC vs no piping of a TMIC as being so negligible that the resulting difference in spool time that people claim they're experiencing with FMIC's is really for the most part psychosomatic.

But Im no physics expert and havnt read the thread in a few years, definitely worth a search.

And finally, as fahr suggested, the 68HTA will provide you with quicker spool than both of the options your considering. And on e85, that high pressure ratio 48lbs/min comp wheel will surely see you near your target numbers.

-Jake

edit: 5k feet is obviously going to be an inhibiting factor, but Im sure you'll still see pretty damn good numbers with a 68 on e85 that high up.

Although the hta68 is a great performer up here i am hoping to see numbers similar to a blouch 1.5xt with right around the same spool and transient response. This will definatly provide more power than the stock motor can hold DD reliability at full song but could be very interesting and good for 115+mph traps.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Cyro, I'm interested to see what numbers you put down with your HTA68 on E85. JFG thanks for the insight. I definitly dont want to run into troubles with pushing too much power for stock internals, but being at elevation I would think that I'd be over loading the stock ones on a conservative tune. I think after seeing what you put down Cyro I'll have to maybe re-think what I want to do with the car. What do you think your car will put up?

I talked to Amber at Forced Performance and she said they are no longer making the 68 as the 71 is it's replacement. She also stated that spool would not be affected. I am guessing this is what she is told to say as I would think there would be some sort of change in spool if even minimal

Archived