LegacyGT.com

Master Cylinder Problem?

Dan O

I changed pads, lines and fluid a couple of years ago. I have flushed fluid several times since also. My problem is a complete spongy feel when I first apply the brakes, but goes away with a quick release and second pump of the pedal. I am getting sick of braking this thing like a NASCAR driver at Watkins Glen. I want it to be firm on the first press not after a couple of pumps. I've bled this thing so many times by foot and now with a power bleeder, I know there is no air in the lines. Could my master cylinder be damaged? Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to driving a legacy.... Put in an STI master cylinder is what a couple guys have done paired with ss lines and good pads you can't go wrong I'm doing this very soon
StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

Deff put the Sti booster and cylinder in the car. My pedal is rock hard, I still have the 2-3mm dead spot up top but that's cause how they made it from the factory

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Archived