LegacyGT.com

I think I broke my CD player!!!

BigT

So I turned the iginition, but not all the way and took out my CD. I then went back to do the same thing, except put in the CD. I pressed load and placed the CD in the slot. It didn't take it at first, but I was expextiing it to so I pushed like it would have. Then after I realized it wasn't taking it and pulled back it did take it. Now I turn the car on and the last CD spot, the spot I was trying to put it in looks like its empty. Whe I press CD it does nothing and after a few seconds it turns back to the radio. After doing that I coupld of times it won't let me go to CD at all, unless I turn the car off, and the same thing happens again. I have tried the load and eject buttons. i have also tried to switch to one of the cd's in the other spots. Nothing seems to be working. Any ideas???

-T

Guest *Jedimaster*
Try disconnecting the battery or unplugging the radio for a little bit- I seem to remember the WRX crew having an issue like this and fixing it by "resetting" the radio.

Try to trick the dealer into giving you a VDC deck. Maybe we can help you with the part number and tell them about how it's broken, try to get them to pre-order the supplied part # before you actually bring it in for the repair and "Oops, dealer error in your favor, collect VDC Head unit!" ;)

They know what parts you have by looking up your VIN. That's how they order warranty parts. Of course, I only know this because my VIN said that I plain didn't have a passenger side headlight when I brought it in to get it replaced...so their system certainly isn't perfect.

I would try the plug/unplug the stereo though if you're impatient (ordering parts can take forever). Disconnecting & reconnecting the power will prompt the changer to change & recount the CD's, so if it's not jammed & it just screwed up, that may work. You could try taking it apart, it's not too hard, but i bet that *would* void your warranty.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

• 5 months later...

I have this exact same problem, How did you fix it?

I'm not sure how it started, but at some point the CD player stopped working. When I turn on my car I can hear it trying to load a cd. But it is stuck on position 4. Discs 1-3 show a disc.

If I try eject or load, it tried for a few minutes, but after awhile hitting the CD button does nothing and it stays on 'FM'.

I have the jazzy install and I'm not looking forward to uninstalling this to get warranty work, anything else I can try?

Thanks

I would recommend unplugging the radio and letting it reset itself. When you plug it in again, it will check each slot for the presence of a disc and it should correct the problem as long as nothing mechanical is broken.

The radio fuse is "No. 24" in the fuse box located in the left, lower dashboard.

Open the door and you will see horizontal rows of (7) fuses. Go to the SECOND row from the bottom and then go to the FIFTH fuse from the LEFT. It should be a 15 Amp. (blue) fuse.

This is the main radio fuse, but does not remove the radio illumination (that's on another fuse).

Check by trying to turn on the radio after you pull the fuse (obviously, it should not work if you have the corrrect fuse).

Heavy Metal Killed Beethoven

Support Classical Music

1) Pulling fuse doesn't work, power must be off.

2) After pulling power, cd player doesn't read disc, it makes a bunch of clicking noises but doesn't load anything. I know the power was off because it didn't pick up 1-3 like it did before.

which is the fuse for the illumination for the radio?

According to the Audio System wiring diagram (WI-160) and the Power Supply Circuit wiring diagram (WI-16) power for radio illumination is actually tapped off a main feed which also powers the back up lights. It comes from fuse No. 8 in the Main Fuse Box under the hood. This is the "triangular" box next to the left front fender. Fuse No. 8 is the single 20 Amp (yellow) fuse all alone at the very front/center of the box. It's just in front of a cluster of (5) 50 amp fusable links (SBF-1, 2, 3, 6, and 8).

Heavy Metal Killed Beethoven

Support Classical Music

which is the fuse for the illumination for the radio?

All I know is that it's the fuse I blew when a wire came loose and made contact with metal in the dash when I installed the steering wheel controls! :lol:

The radio kept on playing just fine but I had no dash lights at all. Swapped with the fog light fuse to get dash lights working and got everything working happy again. :)

Archived