So a year ago I posted a 1 year anniversary thread for my car. But much like my wife’s birthday, I forgot our anniversary a few days or weeks ago Normally I have to google the day Elvis died to remember my wife’s birthday
Anyway, I’ve spent another year with my 2010 Legacy GT and wanted to post some more driving impressions and miscellaneous ramblings.
I put 9956 miles on my car in the last year for a total of 27,517 miles. Trip A has 2478 miles on it, and reads 18.0MPG. Trip B is for 5144 miles and the dash display reads 17.7MPG. So basically my car doesn’t get very good gas mileage. I drive 95%+ city driving, and I’m not really the short shifting type. I generally don’t shift below about 4500RPM. If I’m at 3500RPM I’ll stay there. I’m fine with my cars MPG.
So that brings me to mods in the last year….
- Installed the media hub I bought off the classifieds here. Awesome. Pare it with an old ipod and the integration is flawless.
- Painted my calipers black with white Subaru stickers. Added Hawk HPS pads and bleed my brakes with ATE Amber. My front calipers are chipping a little, and the sticker is showing some wear, so I’ll probably re-paint the fronts when I bleed my brakes this spring. I’ve come to the conclusion that bleeding your brakes every year it the best recipe for a nice feeling brake pedal. I’ll use ATE Blue this time.
- Installed RCE blacks. I followed the instructions for the 4th gen in the walkthrough section. Same thing for our cars. The springs are great and lower the car just enough. There is a downside to the springs….the amplify how lousy the stock shocks are. I’ve been pre-ordered on the Bilsteins since they were first announced. I can’t wait to get them on.
- I scored some rear chassis braces in the classified section—thanks Dan.
- Bought a Megan axle back exhaust off the classifieds—thanks Mark!
- Added a Group-N 5-spd transmission mount. This rounded out my tranny mods—Subrau STS, Tic Transmission Cross-member Bushings, Rear Diff inserts, Synthetic Fluid. I’m convinced this is pretty much the best setup we will get on this car.
- Pulled the chrome window trim off and plasti-dipped it.
- Installed a Key-Fit 30 infant seat for my daughter. Drove her home in the LGT.
- Got an Infamous e-tune to take advantage of the exhaust. My AP crapped out mid way through, and I had to send it back to Cobb. Thumbs up for their customer service. I was beyond the 1 year warranty, and they still hooked me up, and turned it around and shipped out in one day—the day before Thanksgiving nonetheless.
I’m really pleased with the results of the tune. Low end response is much improved. The TCS light flashes frequently. I timed myself at 4.879 seconds 0-60. I’m hitting 17.2psi at 2800 RPM. Anyone running a OTS map should get their car tuned.
- Added Cusco lower chassis braces
- Wifey got me the Tanabe front strut tower brace for Christmas
- Installed the vent boost gauge. Kinda. Still have to run the vacuum line and wire it in. Eventually I'd like to add an oil pressure sending unit to the other input.
My car has been relatively trouble free. My steering wheel radio controls continued to go out intermittently. While at the dealer for some supplies, they acted up, so I pulled into the service bay. They diagnosed and replaced them. But not before cross threading something on the steering wheel and breaking a steering wheel angle sensor. Took them an extra day to fix, but it has at least stayed fixed.
And I broke the lumbar support. Again. When it breaks again I’m going to DIY the fix and reinforce it.
Hit a massive rock a killed a Potenza. They were worn enough to toss and switch to my “winter” tires—Pirelli P-Zero Neros. Great tire. Picked up a nail and had to get a new shaved tire. These tires should last a year….Then I’m going to run dedicated summers year round. Probably go Star Specs, and I’ll follow Surly’s example and go with 235s.
I still burn a little oil, but not as much after switching from M1 to Rotella T6. About a ½ quart every 3000 miles. I keep a couple quarts in the trunk cargo nets. I’m ok with a little oil consumption, as I drive pretty hard. If I remember, I’m going to take a sample to send to Blackstone when I change oil this weekend.
I still hate that there aren’t memory seats. And the beige leather sucks ass.
My future plans are the Bilsteins and TMIC and Re-tune from Infamous. I’ve totally broken my wife down on this
That will pretty much round out my car. I’ll have 3 more years on my loan and I’ll just continue to enjoy driving it. At least I say that now. The temptation for a downpipe is always there
Next weekend we are heading into the mountains of western NC for a long weekend with my in-laws. Taking the GT, the baby and 1 of the 2 dogs
link to my 1 year anniversary thread: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea....html?t=160065