LegacyGT.com

How much money have you sunk into your Legacy?

tytek

How much money have you sunk into your Legacy?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. How much money have you sunk into your Legacy?

• Nothing
    • Under $1,000
    • Between $1,000 and $3,000
    • More than $3,000 but less than $5,000
    • Between $5,000 and $7,500
    • Less than $10,000 but more than $7,500
    • More than $10,000 but less than $15,000
    • Less than $20,000 but more than $15,000
    • Between $20,000 and $25,000
    • More than $25,000

Curious to see what others have dumped into the bottomless pit the signed up to talk about on this site... :lol:

The poll is anonymous, so don't worry about your wife realizing the depth of you addiction. If you spent more than $25,000... you should have bought a much faster/nicer car to begin with. ;)

Make sure to post how much you spent, if it is in fact above $25k :spin:

Don't include the cost of the car... or the divorce.

Vote now!!!

Tires and Rims including installation, alignment the whole deal - $1200

Intake - roughly $300

exhuast - $365

Springs- $222

Struts- $240

Mudflaps-$35 (Universal RA)

Soon to tint windows - looking around $200 probably

front lip - $64-ish

You're missing the 'too much' option :lol:

:lol:

I had to stop somewhere. I doubt that many will be above the upper limit. If they are, they are from Canada and have a SpecB for sale. ;)

This is also going to make me want to stop but i'll never stop!!

Paint - Hood, rear bumper, side skirt (whole new skirt since my old one was too ruined to be painted!), trunk - $900

Full stock rebuild - $3700 (short block, gasket set, oil cooler, '08+ STI oil pump, VF40, killerB pickup tube)

Heads refinished - $550

Turboback + uppipe - $1400

Intercooler - $500

Tune - $150

Misc. parts - $740

Tint - $190

Wheels - $600

Used RalliTek springs/KYB struts - $320

.... Wish I didn't add that up right now.......

Well over 25k for me built motor includes heads, bottom end, cams, turbo, $14000, STi 6 speed swap $6500, upgraded brakes $1100, avo fmic $1300, injectors $800, misc clutches (8total) $2000, then there is still tires, window tint, my old access port, various tunes, body part (grill, rims, hids, led interior, etc) exhaust $1200 the list goes on and on! No clue how much I have really spent but just from this short list I know it's far more than 25k

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oops, Forgot the tires I bought yesterday(just didn't like the old ones, still 7/32's) for $900, and the $40 at the Subie dealer and who knows how much time to replace rear frozen toe adjustment hardware, BNR turbo, invidea TBE and catless UP, DW pump, PW TMIC, 3 port EBCS, Turbo oil lines, and, and and... I got a headache now. I guess My initial vote was low,, More like 7K.

Mac

• 2 weeks later...
Not counting tires because that's maintenance. I'm in the $1200 range as it sits. I'm sure that's about to double a couple times though. I suppose I didn't include the speakers either but that should only put me into the $1500 range.

• I Donated

Are we counting just aftermarket parts, aftermarket parts and repairs, or maintenance too? I think counting gas is cheating. :lol:

EDIT: counting both aftermarket parts and repairs, I'm at ~$11,000. Only about $200 in labor there too. That's more than I bought it for.

Hard to say. I typically mod as maintenance requires.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I lied. I was off by about $200. I'm with you BAC. I usually do what I do as the original stuff wears out or as preventative maintenance. Some things are personal preference but I'm guessing that until my clutch goes I'm not going to buy a new one and a new turbo and x and y and z and AA. Suspension for now. It's more usuable anyway.

Since I keep a Excel spreed sheet of what I bought and sold I know the exact number. Just shy of 11k, will be 12k when I buy my FMIC early next week.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

Archived